95-97 Alban’s

Anyone got experience of Reva or Lorraine from these years please

I had a Reva in that range (vintage escaping me). It was a lot less massive than post 2000 Alban, but still had a lot of fruit. It did have a slight barnyard to it though, so if the bottles aren’t perfectly stored, they might have a lot of brett.

Ian

The bottles im looking at have impeccable provenance so hopefully not

I would agree with Ian. the Alban wines got much bigger around 2000. I very much enjoyed the 1995’s I got on closeout for $24!

The '97 Reva and Lorraine and for that matter, the Grenache, are great. I still have some of all three.

Mitch

How would you compare to a more recent version like a 10 or 12, does the fruit survive ?

Back in those days, it was unusual to open an Alban that didn’t have significant mercaptan components, particularly tire rubber. May also have been brett, but if so it would have had to be massive to overcome the rubber aroma.

Wrong years, but I’ve been drinking 99s and have been generally pleased. These are the grenache and “Lorraine,” not the “Reva.” In some ways it seems like they have not aged a bit…and maybe never will. No rubber, perfect storage.

What Alan said. Throughout the portfolio.