8/25 Miami Beach

Options 1 and 3 look great to me; I feel like if a place needs to turn tables it may not be the best option.

1 Like

Option 1 or 3 is great. I will bring a champagne to kick start the evening!

I donā€™t have much burgundy other than a 2019 dujac morey, and a few village wines. Iā€™m more than willing to purchase a bottle if anyone has suggestions?

You donā€™t have to bring burg especially if you donā€™t have any. Bring something youā€™d like to drink; it sounds like you are pretty deep in Napa?

Napa is cool, Iā€™ve been trying my best to get into it this past year after our trip last December, but they all taste way too similar, and most of them are just too much for my palate. Just canā€™t seem to fall in love with it unfortunately.
My specialty is in Tuscany, Specifically Brunello di Montalcino. Iā€™ll review my cellar tracker and see what gems I can find.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m going to bring:

2008 AF Gros Richebourg
2009 Francois Bertheau Amoureuses

I can bring some Cali wines.

Beta Cabernet, Calera SVD Pinot, Duckhorn 3 Palmsā€¦

Ok, I am glad I am not the only Cab guy. Iā€™ll bring at least one cab and let me think about something elseā€¦ā€¦

Any updates on venue?

I havenā€™t had a reply from the EsmĆ© hotel yet so BarMeli is the solid option right now. Regarding the wines, Iā€™ll bring the '05 Levet La Chavaroche and a '12 Jean et SĆ©bastien Dauvissat Chablis Vaillons VV.
Iā€™ve also invited a non-berserker friend, sheā€™ll bring a '98 Rene Rostaing CĆ“te-RĆ“tie La Landonne [cheers.gif]

2 Likes

That sounds good, let me know when you have a reservation! Burg and rhones sound great.

Any update on this event? I know the site was down.

I have a reservation for up to 10 people at BarMeli so the venue is secured. So far I think we are 8 so we have some room for a couple of last-minute attendees if we need to. Letā€™s coordinate a time that works for everyone and we are all set. For me to start sometime between 7 and 8:30 pm is perfect.

I would start earlier as these sort of events tend to last quite a long time.

Also if people want to do RhƓnes I can bring a burg and a rhone, maybe 17 Allemand Chaillots and the 08 AF gros Richebourg; I think the amoureuses is likely best in a smaller group setting.

Itā€™s a bit challenging for me to start before 6:30pm on a Thursday, but Iā€™ll do my best to accommodate my calendar to whatever time the majority agrees upon. Just bear in mind that the kitchen is open until 11pm and the restaurant wonā€™t close until 12 or 12:30am

@J_Cangiano @Albert_R @Subu_Ramachandran @Hank_Victor Letā€™s us know what time works better for you so we can close the planning stage :grinning:

630 is likely fine.

Iā€™m fine with whatever works with everyone else. I live very close to this restaurant so itā€™s no issue.

So, whatā€™s the theme to this tasting? RhĆ“neā€™s and burgs, or are we doing a jambalaya?

1 Like

I think white/red burg, champagne and rhone would be a pretty cool theme but thatā€™s just me haha