50% off vinguardvalise

I’ve shipped Krug, taittinger; Dom, whatever, in the regular.

Nice deal. But these things do start off heavy. Leaving Napa I can only check mine with 11 bottles in it. Last year when I tried to check it in with 12 bottles and I was at 54lbs. Had to take one bottle out and shove it in the suitcase to get the vinguard down to 50.5lbs which Southwest accepted. This year I planned to check it in with 11 of my skinnier bottles with the thicker ones going into the Wine Check and it was still at 49.5lbs. Wine Check was about same with 12 thicker bottles.

VinGuard is much easier to maneuver around than the Wine Check.

I bought the Series 4 a couple of years ago, and had a series 1 before that. Does anyone know the difference between the Series 4 and the current model, the Series 5?

I assume there were minor enhancements, but was hoping I could figure out if they make it worthwhile to upgrade.

By the way, while I love the simplicity of my Wine Checks, I have a multiples of them for when I need to travel with 2 or 3 cases of wine. However, the Vingard Valise is just a great travel accessory and is more of my everyday wine suitcase. Fortunately, because of my FF status, I get a weight allowance up to 75lbs per bag, so I haven’t had to worry about the 50lb limit for a while. I will saytThe trouble usually comes when you have 2 or 3 honker sized bottles, like Schrader or something similar, but that’s the price we pay for the “artistry” of these winemakers. I mean I think everyone on this board knows that wine tastes much better when it comes in an excessively oversized bottle and 3 of those bottles are in a fancy oak OWC that probably could hold 6 bottles. [snort.gif]

Coupon expired

And for her pleasure… [wow.gif]

Yeah wondering where they posted this…

must have had a set number they wanted to sell before the coupon expired.

It was only until 1159 est yesterday, should’ve probably put that in the post

Just a note here: In March I borrowed a friend’s vinguardvalise grande (yet again) and brought back a dozen assorted bottles from Germany. These included one of those insanely heavy Ziereisen bottles, and a couple of heavy Pinot Noir GGs. I can’t recall exact weight but my lasting impression is that it was well below my cattle-class limit on United Airlines.

The flash sale was only for 12 hours from Noon to 11:59pm EST on the 18th. I think the 30% off sale is still good and it includes a free set of wine chiller sheets. I have owned several of these over the years. Bought my first on in 2014 when the company first launched the product. They are now on the 5th version of the 12 bottle case. I bought a new one in the flash sale.

Unless you are packing standard Bordeaux weigh bottles ~3lbs. it is easy to go over 50 lbs. The case itself weighs 13.5 lbs. Mine has been as heavy as 67 lbs returning from Mendoza where many bottles are very heavy. We usually fly business class, courtesy of traveling for business for many years; so weight is not an issue for us. If we were going to have a 50 lb. limit, I would be watchful and probably put one or two bottles in neoprene bottle sleeves and stick them in a suitcase. I always carry a couple for that purpose.

What I like about the later versions is that the inserts can accommodate my tall Alsatian wine bottles now. The older versions could not accommodate them. Also, the top foam cover that goes over the filled inserts has a crossbar that fits down into the inserts which keeps bottlenecks from popping up like they used to do in the earlier versions. I also own an 8 bottle version of the case. As one of the older people in this forum, the ease of use/maneuverability of the VinGardeValise is very important to me. Since the OEM changed to larger wheels under the handle side of the case, mine is a lot more stable when two wheel pulling it over gravel, cobblestones, bricks etc. The old case used to tip over on me because the handle wheels were too small. I have also found that the inserts along with the top cover of the inserts does a good job of insulating my wne. I haven’t had occasion to try the wine chiller sheets yet. They will probably come in handy on road trips.

Another 50% off until 8/20, code aug50

Thanks for the tip. I got the 12 bottle carrier. My Wine Check has gotten pretty beaten up plus I need to keep finding styro shippers and those are getting rarer.

Also on top of this the website says:

During the month of August 2020, purchase any size wine suitcase on www.vingardevalise.com and then your wine of choice from your favorite winery and we will send you a check for $50!

Mail Your Suitcase Receipt And Wine Receipt To:
Email Receipts To:
Accounting@vingardevalise.com

Your $50 check will be mailed to you within 10 days of receipt (if wine purchase is less than $50, the check will be for the actual amount of the purchase. Receipts must be submitted by September 30, 2020)

All purchases must be made and date stamped in August 2020 to qualify for this offer.

That makes the deal even better.

You can not combine both offers.
Sale starts tomorrow.

Just received an email from VinGarde. Code OCT50 gets you 50% off everything w/ ground shipping included as well to CONUS. This time accessories included in the promo. Used it to grab a few mag inserts. Valid until Oct 31

How are their customer service and warranty responses?

I have two grande valises that pre-covid I used fairly often on international flights. They’ve both been subjected to 2-3 years of constant airline handling and abuse and are in pretty good nick, so I can’t comment on it as I have yet to need to use it.

Perhaps some others on the board can comment on their experiences.

I have two grand valises as well that I unfortunately picked up right before Covid started. They look great in my closet :worried:

these have hit Woot too: Woot

Looks like woot price for the Grande is more expensive? I didnt compare the other suitcases.

thanks for sharing, Rodrigo… I was waiting for such a deal to buy one. Obrigado,