375s

375’s are a great 2nd bottle too when another 750 is too much.

Two corks instead of one. Two boxes instead of one. Two labels instead of one. A 375 ML bottle does not cost half that of a 750 ML. In fact due to supply and demand and economies of scale they can cost far more. There is no way to economically have a 375 ML bottle be half the price of a 750 ML.

I reuse them especially if screw topped to store the balance of a 750 after I’ve had a couple glasses. Wine holds really well if you fill them all the way up.

Always find .375’s inferior to the .750 version.Last year tasted 20+wines with the different sizes side by side.The .375 only showed better 2/20. Much better off with a coravin ( no association ) also 375’s usually trade at a slight premium.

Love them but cost and availability are problems.

thank you sir may i have another [cheers.gif]

Ridge, Pride and Switchback Ridge for domestic wines, and Billecart-Salmon Rose for Champagne.

Thanks,
Ed

Krug MV

+1. Just saw (and bought) some for the first time.

Coravin half a 750

Buy one or two 375ml bottles to check on how a certain wine is progressing - either one you plan to source at a later date via auction or your favorite backfilling shop, or one you already own in larger formats and don’t want to risk wasting a bottle that’s too young. If the 375 is drinking well, you know the 750 won’t be but 2 or 3 years behind.

This is something I’ve taken to with Burgundy because it can be such a crap shoot.

Yet another good reason.

… and they take up less space in the fridge, fitting better on the door or easier on the shelves (with no need to raise the rack above them).

bordeaux super seconds
rhys
boillot
krug

need 500 and 1000ml bottles

Ooooh, forgot about them! They’re the perfect size for dessert wines! [cheers.gif] Now you’ve got me wanting to run downstairs to see how many '02 Huet Cuvée Constances I have.

Not all splits are 375s.

I agree. A good idea.

Coravins require a large outlay and on-going costs. From time to time they also cause bottles (with pre-existing problems but which would otherwise not break) to shatter. Also they only last, at most, a few weeks. You might not want to revisit the wine that soon.

I love 375.

Jadot CSJ
Jadot Beaune 1er Cru
Mugnier Clos de la Marechale
Esmonin Estournells St Jacques
VCC

It would be awesome to see 375’s of the single vineyards. Maybe an AVA 375 six pack with a wine from each AVA & Notorious? I would love to see Old Vines cuvée in 375 or Etzel Block.

Ridge, Brundlmayer, also other Austrian producers. Especially with the SOF drinking less and less half bottles are really becoming more valuable

Duuuuuuude! Somebody has to tell Morgan that a variety 6 pack of 375 ml bottles featuring Bedrock Berserker darlings would absolutely ROCK!