3 days, 5 visits (Napa)

If memory serves, you get to sample 3 vintages from the bottle plus one sample from a vintage from a foudres.
The tasting fee was creditable if you bought wine.

Fantastic wine, fantastic tour. I’m heading back at the end of May.

Also DOM P to start!

1 Like

Anyone have any thoughts on visiting Kapcsandy?

I was there earlier this week and we did 2012, 2014, and 2019 from barrel (plus the dom). Really cool visit

How was the 19 from barrel? The 14 has been my favorite wine of all time.

1 Like

I have a tasting etiquette question so I’m piggybacking on this thread. If you’re making a tasting reservation for 4 people but only 3 people drink do you make the reservation for 3 or 4? Some places require payment in advance so I’m inclined to say 3 at those places.

I’ve always enjoyed spending a day at Spring Mountain, and I would go again, despite having visited numerous times over the years. Barnett has to be one of the “best view” tastings anywhere, and you do not need to be on a mailing list. Take a snack and taste wine on the deck overlooking the valley. Erna Schein used to be a cool place to taste when you’d get about 12 different bottles from the three different family labels to taste in a travel trailer (ES/Behrens/Relic). Not sure what they offer nowadays, but I bet it’s still fun. Paloma - nice visit, great folks. Smith Madrone is another great visit with the owners/winemakers.

Spring Mtn Vineyard’s '94 Cab was my “aha” wine, so I try to stop in as often as I can. I’ve always loved my visits there and access to the library wines. Very much agree with you on their 2001s.

Would love to do a tour at a winery in Napa of the facility, barrel room, etc. but don’t know if any are doing that yet even with COVID numbers going down.

Always LOVED Chappellet tour and taste, but they don’t offer that anymore due to COVID. Not sure if others are as restrictive…