2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

Got 2 3 packs as well!

2 Likes

In for two 3-packs.

In for two 3-packs as well. Very fairly priced IMHO.

Me as well, looks like 2 packs is standard for this round.

I have to wait a week for round 2. Hopefully there is enough to go around.

1 Like

Same. Very curious to try the white so hope some slips through

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of amazing that the pricing is ā€œonlyā€ ~110/btl on average, considering how much their other efforts go for. True, these arenā€™t cabernets, but then again just one bottle of their merlot costs as much as one of these three-packs.

The Central Coast vineyard locations must be the driving factor here?

1 Like

Well itā€™s not ā€œtheirā€ merlot. Nigel just makes it for Impensata.

Love that they did a mixed 3pack. Iā€™m in for one box.

2 Likes

Yup, great call on their part. Spread the love.
In for 2.
Shipping was $107.84 (2day air) :grimacing:

1 Like

In for 2 as well. so excited to try these!

1 Like

The vineyards are in SBC. The going price for the top Syrahs are ~$120-$130 (if you exclude the SQN brands).
Many good bottles from these vineyard are available for <$100.

1 Like

Love Chenin and the team behind the project. While a splurge, the 3 pack is about the price of a single bottle of many high end Napa cabs.

Since thereā€™s no cab this year for 2020, went in to support them. Itā€™s a creative move!

1 Like

Excited to try and purchased 2 3 packs. i thought pricing was a little aggressive but was still a buyer

2 Likes

Well well below that $ levelā€¦

1 Like

Larry I think he meant the top pricing

My sense is outside of SQN and family, Jonata leads the pack in the area price wise unless you want to include Andremily/Alban etc

I think Lillian offerings skew $80-100 or so

But top in tasting and top in price are diff things; big believer in the whole range of wines out of the area though, as you know!

3 Likes

In for one 3 pack. Price was right about where I expected it to be. Andremily Syrah is 330. And not sure how to put a value on the Chenin but I believe these were previously Cab vines that were pulled out of Rhad.

2 Likes

PM if anyone wants my 2x mixed 3ā€™ers

2 Likes

PMā€™d

Just an FYI, as many have commented on not having an allocation, I just received an email from a seven-letter auction house that begins with a W and ends with a D (I am not sure if I can say, so just being safe. lol), with three each of the inaugural vintage 2016 Rhad and Anjea, which I havenā€™t seen in forever, and three 2019 Anjea. Just thought I would pass along because I know first hand how frustrating it is to find these wines :wine_glass: