2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

I got a magnum of the veleuse in a fancy wooden box. Sadly they won’t make this wine for some time as they had to replant it.

2 Likes

Mine shipped yesterday.

Weather hold in CO. Which I appreciate since it’s single digits coming up this week.

1 Like

weather hold

Received notification that shipping of two, 3-packs were going out on 1/30.

Today (2/3) I received one of the 3 packs, but the other appears to have gone back to Oakland CA from Memphis. I’m in Fort Worth. Odd how one pack was delivered but the other was not.

1 Like

Ooof. Sorry bud. Not ideal for sure with this precious cargo! But im sure it will work out just fine.

1 Like

Very slight shipping delay but my 3 pack came today. Will leave them be for a while. Maybe try one in 5 years.

2 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday, one day delay but given the temps i’m not worried. Straight to the offsite as I won’t touch for awhile.

Looks like the new/unique release for the syrah and chenin (SO pumped about the chenin) will happen next Tuesday the 14th for the 1st wave. Description of wines below. Prob goes without saying…but I’m for sure all in!

2020 BIEN NACIDO SYRAH

A vineyard named ‘good birth’ befits a new adventure. Brightly fruited and subtly savory, syrah from the Bien Nacido Vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley is a proper combination of finesse and power. We fermented the wine in open-topped tanks, including roughly a third of the fruit in whole-cluster form. From early on, the beautiful duality of syrah was evident in the wine - a bright, red-fruited melody that soared over the supporting harmonies of savoriness. What began as a detailed and almost ethereal wine has broadened and deepened, gaining weight and richness in bottle.

2020 WHITE HAWK SYRAH

Between conquering and yielding is room enough to stand and face a challenge. Not to impose your will. Not to surrender. Simply to understand. This brooding and beastly syrah from the sandy soils of White Hawk Vineyard calls us to hear the melody in its roar and to patiently understand. This powerful expression of syrah was fermented largely destemmed in an open-topped tank. To frame the unbridled richness of the wine, it was raised in one third new François Frères barrels. As the tannins resolved the wine’s savoriness grew more full-throated. Now in bottle, the White Hawk syrah feels like drinking a force of nature.

2022 DIAMOND MTN CHENIN BLANC

In one very significant way, our chenin blanc is the most important wine from this inaugural offering of Aberro. Made in the 2022 vintage, this is a wine of ‘intention’, meaning simply, we planned to make it all along. While the two syrahs are wines of reaction or circumstance, this chenin blanc is purpose-driven.

Looking to the hills seemed a logical place to try something new. It is the fruit of Nigel’s hunch that chenin blanc would thrive in a specific spot on Diamond Mtn and the cojones to actually rip cabernet from the ground and plant chenin blanc in its place. A gentle whole cluster press preceded a racking to 600L puncheons and neutral 228L barrels where the wine enjoyed a nice, slow fermentation and a subsequently brief élevage. With as much white wine as we consume, it’s about time we made some of our own.

6 Likes

I’ve haven’t had Kinsman Eades yet, but if he makes the Syrahs with a similar philosophy as Impensata, I’d love to get my hands on some.

I would love to try these but am guessing being on the second wave 2/21 may not provide a great chance to grab any.
From the email: “These wines are produced in miniscule quantities

1 Like

I’m stoked for the chenin

2 Likes

Any word on pricing for the 2020s? Hoping the Chenin is lees than the normal Cabernet release.

1 Like

Pricing was not mentioned in the email…

2 Likes

I can’t imagine a CA winery selling Chenin for nearly as much as its Cab…

4 Likes

Have seen a California white go crazy (albeit the secondary market):

1 Like

Guessing 150 - 200 for the Syrahs and 125 for the Chenin :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I mean…screagle is definitely the exception not the rule here. Im going $75 on the chenin :cheers:

2 Likes

Just got email related this release. Pricing looks fair at $325 for a mixed 3pk.

3 Likes

Just got my offering - 3-packs for $325. Bought two of them!

4 Likes