2020 MACDONALD Cabernet Coming Soon (and immediately sold out!)

Dear Friends and Family,
We are thrilled to announce the release of our 2020 MACDONALD Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon on Tuesday, October 24th. As you may remember, 2020 was a challenging year in Napa Valley due to devastating wildfires. Many wineries decided not to make wine, however as farmers with a deep connection to the land, our goal has always been to educate ourselves and learn from Mother Nature. Despite the uncertainty, we chose to endure, reminding ourselves that our philosophical pursuit has always been to express the site and vintage.

My brother and I are pleased that, even through adversity, the wine is a classic expression of place. In 2020, we sourced exclusively from our 49 and 69 years old vines, which are the rockiest, earliest ripening portions of the vineyard. The wine displays the hallmarks of To-Kalon with complex layers of fresh blackberries, olive, graphite and bittersweet chocolate. Due to the vintage, only 150 cases were produced. We will do our best to share with those who are interested and restore normal allocations to all previous customers next release. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Best regards,

10 Likes

Well, I am interested! Please share. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Likewise, would love to get a bottle or two

1 Like

Do you think you will be allocated a bottle or two if you received the email?

3 Likes

Those of on the waiting list didn’t receive it.

2 Likes

“We are thrilled to announce the release of our 2020 MACDONALD Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon . The wine displays the hallmarks of To-Kalon with complex layers of fresh blackberries, olive, graphite and bittersweet chocolate. We sourced exclusively from our 49 and 69 years old vines, which are the rockiest, earliest ripening portions of the vineyard. Due to the vintage, only 150 cases were produced.”

Order in and fortunately to be able to purchase 2 bottles.

2 Likes

Order in

3 Likes

IT’S HAPPENING!!!

First come, first serve. 2 bottles $195/per.

1 Like

Easiest buy of the year

1 Like

Already sold out?

Order in as well, though I always cringe at the cost of shipping ($43 for ground within California!!!) plus CA sales tax, oof!

1 Like

2 bottles.

Now it Looks that way!

3 Likes

Appears to have sold out in 10 mintues.

I refreshed my browser to make sure that was the case and had 1 bottle available but then it disappeared when trying to process further.

Bummer.

5 Likes

In for 2

Order in - 3rd party shipping NY - so total is $234.10/ bottle

1 Like

clicked link in email as soon as I saw it. . . .n/a for purchase

I paid $42.25 ground shipping to TX. Something doesn’t sound right, and I hope it’s the in-state shipping charge that’s too high!

1 Like

Same for me - guess they just charge the same for ground no matter where it is, dammit (Special request to @Alex_MacDonald and Graeme…can we ‘zone 1 and 2’ customers get a lower shipping rate?? :slight_smile: )

Also, within minutes of ordering, I received a ‘sold out’ email as well - wow

3 Likes

Sold out in under 10 minutes. F*CK I clicked on link just minutes after email.

5 Likes

WOW! I just randomly saw the email and grabbed them.

1 Like