2019 Grosser Ring Auctions

Are you in general not a fan of GG’s or just not of Mosel GG’s or just not of Schloss Lieser GG’s?

You should definitely try some if you are open to it. For my taste the best Rieslings of the Mosel (or Germany for that matter) are off-dry, but I still buy and sell a lot of Mosel (German) GG’s and understand the need of the market for dry Rieslings as well…

I’ve had some 2017 Lieser GGs (forget which ones off of the top of my head) and they were great. However, GG’s usually don’t seem quite worth the price to me, and I’d rather get a trocken or Molitor White Cap if I want something dry. If I want to spend $50 - $80+, I’d rather get some Auslesen. Perhaps I’d be more inclined to buy more GGs if I had to the opportunity to taste some with some age on them.

Massive fan of GGs. I buy Keller, Schafer-Frohlich, Emrich-Schonleber, Lauer, Rebholz, Donnhoff very year and another 10-15 more here or there and many non GGs like Weiser-Kunstler, Julian and Nadine Haart. Vollenweider (his 2016s were stunning).

Going back several years I was not a big fan of Mosel GGs. I think due to several factors global warming, producers learning to make dry wines and producers actually wanting to make them in the Mosel have resulted in major improvements.

I agree with you on off-dry!

It was my understanding that all of the GG lots in the Mosel auction were magnum offerings of the same GGs that are going to be commercially available in 750mL.

Yep same same.

I bought 6 of the (to my mind) superior 2016 bottles for half the price of one of those mags the day before the auction.

The whole GG Auction was a bit of a damp squib, the room was almost empty.

What about Molitor 2018 Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese *** Weiße Kapsel

No idea sorry, not a producer I follow.

1100 Euro for the Molitor Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese *** White Capsule
It was the 2017