2018 Rose

Have some of these coming my way so glad to hear it! Found some of the '15 rose on a restaurant wine list back in April and it was really holding up well. Looking forward to finding the current vintage.

Have been consuming a lot of Borell-Diehl rose of St. Laurent this year. Similar to the Schloss Gobelsburg Cistercien, if simpler and not quite as energetic. Silly cheap, comes in liter bottles, and can be found for under $10. Screwcap too which I much prefer for rose.

Limerick Lane Rose this year knocked it out of the park for me. Also picked up a few bottles of Villa Creek recently which is nice.

This stuff from Lightning Wines is dynamite, and only $20

https://lightningwines.com/store/detail?item=2017-rose

I really was not impressed by the 2018 Baudry…and I’m usually a fan. A bit thin and green. The 2018 Lucien Crochet was quite tasty. I wasn’t disappointed by our house Rose - Muri Gries Lagrein Rosato. The 2018 is quite acceptable < $16. The Roses from Tempier and Lopez Heredia are in a different league.

RT

2018 Gérard Boulay Sancerre Rosé
2018 Moulin de la Roque Bandol Les Hauts du Vallon
and still drinking thru 2017 Tablas Creeks two pinks

Audoin Marsannay rosé ‘18 is terrific, the finest he has made alongside the’ 16.
Also Philippe Gilbert’s Menetou Salon (Sancerre’s neighbor) rosé of Pinot Noir is very very good.
The Boulay rosé, named Sibylle after his granddaughter, has been mentioned by several folks.
Disclaimer that I import all three.

I had the whole lineup earlier this year and while I thought they were all decent enough, I think I liked the cheapest one the best. It was Peyrassol
La Croix des Templiers” IGP Méditerranée Rosé. It had the best fruit and acid balance and was a good deal at $12. The others while ok were just too pricey.

My favorite of the summer has been the Gerard Boulay Sibylle

My experience is mostly domestic, but Matthiasson, HdV and Young Inglewood are my go to roses from year to year. Looking forward to trying some of the suggestions from across the pond.

Full Disclosure: I work at Young Inglewood Vnyds

Just tried the Sonero (rose of pinot noir) from Kemmeter - excellent!

In terms of price or quality? [rofl.gif]

Absolutely love the Mouvedre Rose… one of my favorites!

Another amazing Rose! Fox Run, Red Tail Ridge, Atwater and Kelby Russel are quite good too!