2018 Rose

A great list indeed! What average prices are you paying for these? And I love Tempier with some age on them - it’s just tough to keep my hands off of them [wow.gif] )

Cheers!

Anyone tried the '18 Liquid Farm rose? Just picked up a few bottles and haven’t tried this one before, in any vintage. TIA.

I’ve liked the Gobelburg Cistercien and the Crowley Rose of Pinot Noir quite well. Got the Ameztoi Rubentis on deck for when I get back home, it sure looks like rose weather in pdx.

This has also risen in price the past few years as has baudry and a few others.

Our favorite is the Domaine de Mourchon Côtes du Rhône Villages Séguret Rosé Loubié which we get several cases each year from Flickinger. Great value and a crowd pleaser.

I try to buy a case of La Bastide Blanche every year.

One that was a standout last year, but has not arrived yet in our market this year, is the Terre Nere. 2018 should be here in 2-3 weeks, looking forward to it.

Here’s one of the Rose steals of the year. Clos Des Lumieres Cote Du Rhones 2018 Rose in a box. Imported by Cynthia Hurley, It is available on Bin ends site. $25 per box. Great acid, wild strawberries and good length. This wine will be in my fridge all year.

It’s hard to beat the Ameztoi Getariako Txakolina Rubentis, sub $20. Lightly sparkling, tasty, and under 11% abv.

I buy a case or three of the gobelburg every year as I find it to be a crowd pleasing hot weather sipper. Served cold tasty and refreshing.

This years Gramercy cellars rose is very good. The best they have made. I haven’t yet tasted my usuals (Triennes, amentzoi rubentis, etc).

This would be my preferred way to drink rose, always on call all summer.

I can’t find it anywhere near Illinois or anyplace that will ship.

$31 for the 750s and $16 for the halves.

Nobody around here seems to like or know the Muri Gries Lagrein Rosato…at a whopping $13. I’m cool with that. Haven’t tried the '18 yet but backed up the truck for the '16s.

FYI, 20% off sale at Astor today on all their Roses.

RT

Big Table Farm Laughing Pig Rose is year in and year out the best rose I have had, highly recommend their Wild Bee Chardonnay and single vineyard Pinots!

Unfortunately, Suzanne, from what I can see it starts at around $200 per bottle. I miss the days when I could find it for $25. It’s a phenomenal wine! CellarTracker only shows it without the “Gran Reserva” designation, though I believe that’s the only version they produce. The designation is on the back label, so maybe that’s why.

Xavier,

These are the Gran Reserva noted on the back label. they were purchased in a store in Manhattan by a friend for me for $49.99 a bottle. They only had 3 bottles. it is not supposed to be a $200.00 wine- it is not what the winery charges for it

chambers offered the 09 a couple weeks ago for about $36 if I recall correctly. they only had 6 bottles

One of the few shops in the US that doesn’t gauge their customers just because they can on allocates bottles.

with regard to Chambers they are a class act. Those Tondonia Rose bottles if you blinked once after the email came they were gone