2018 Rivers-Marie Winter Release next Tuesday, Jan 16

I’ve not had an RM Pinot, but I did open a 2015 Cab in December that was… strong. I love myriad and becklyn, but the RM cab was turned up to 11 and we couldn’t drink more than a glass that night. I’m also not a huge Pinot fan as evidenced by the fact I only buy KB and Kanzler. So, with all of that as context, which, if any, of these should I buy?

I’d say the Silver Eagle . . . a “sumptuous, flamboyant Pinot Noir” from a warmer site than the other Pinots (AG).

Tom Hill has written in a number of threads about customer service at wineries. Rivers-Marie is one that gets it. I asked Will a question yesterday with no real expectations and he over-delivered. Thanks Will!

Ordered 1 bottle of each. Agree - the customer service was great! Will answered my email very quickly and was thorough

+1. Very responsive and just all around pleasure to do business with.

I think that’s a fine way to start a relationship. A ‘tester’ pack order to see how it fits your palate is perfect!

Hope you like!

Agree. My allocation email disappeared into the ether y/day and sent Will an email, and within a short time, all fixed and order in.

which bottle should be the first to try? upon arrival

Ordered my full allocation.

Not sure there’s a wrong answer but I tend to drink the lower priced ones first (i.e. Sonoma Coast and now Anderson Valley) and then move on to the Single Vineyards, holding off on the Summas a little longer than the others.

Anybody jump in on the Chardonnay offering?

I locked in 4 bottles of the SC, 2 each of the Joy Road and Theriot, and 1 of the Bearwallow. I’ve only ever tried the SC bottling, but these are solid wines that I feel would please a wide spectrum of Chardonnay aficionados - good texture and roundness with a balanced crisp acidity (I.e.: impressive balance at an incredible value).

If Bedrock hadn’t been released simultaneously I would have maxed out my allocation without hesitation.

I maxed… and ordered a few magnums.

Yup, I always buy some of the chards. I only grabbed SC and Bearwallow this year, which I will probably regret, but I’ve been buying faster than we’re drinking lately, and it’s not sustainable…

I maxed… and ordered a few magnums.

Like their reds, I’m still new to RM with little experience with their whites, so I got two bottles of each so I can try each and sort which I prefer (maybe all??).