2017 SQN Eleven Confessions Estate Offering

I only had 1 bottle of the white available by the time I saw the e-mail today. Guess the stuff is going fast.

Anyone know any details on the 2018 Aperta?

All-in for 2 packs and 6 white.
Wish list for the mags.

It sounds like cool vintage = off year. The last year I remember like that was 2011. There were no fires in the Central Coast area in 2017, but everyone seems to
prefer 2016 and 2018.

I want to read his notes. The white was delayed a full year form the usual release time.

All in within an hour for the Estate Box, didn’t go for the white.

1 Like

Actually, most people posting here got the Hated Hunter/Gorgeous Victim last year. Those are 2017s and they are excellent and approachable now. If the regular 2017 release was that good, the EBA should be even better, right?

WA gave the 2017 Syrah and Grenache regular bottlings 98+ and 98, respectively.

I doubt it changed. I still have my typical 3 bottle allocation listed (plus 1-3 bottle wishlist).

They apparently delayed it a year since it wasn’t ready on the usual schedule. I’m sure we’ll learn more in the snail mail letter.

'Central Valley? You mean Fresno or Bakersfield? [soap.gif] [snort.gif]

This vineyard is located in Santa Barbara County IIRC.

2017 was a pretty darn nice vintage in our area - but dies that really matter with these wines? And I mean that honestly . . .

Folks are quick to ‘be careful’ with many producers in many areas, but not a handful of folks like SQN. Just my interpretation of what I’ve seen.

These wines seem to be crafted to deliver and meet expectations each and every vintage.

Cheers.

What is their secret?

Secret? Not sure there is a ‘secret’ that they employ, but that’s more of a question for Manfred.

But when your style is producing concentrated wines, that concentration often allows the wine to ‘overcome’ ‘deficiencies’ that a vintage may bring with it. At least that’s what it seems like from an outsider’s position.

Some on this board are much more familiar with him and may be blessed to offer greater insight - I’m just hypothesising . . .

Cheers.

When do they usually let you know about wish list items?

If anyone wishes to sell their allocation - at a profit - we are seeking cases for our clients
please write to me directly
william@williamgladstoneimports.com

Thanks

Soon following the deadline of subscription being 12 Feb

Since they haven’t offered the '19 White yet, which would normally be offered now, I wonder if they are switching from a +1.5yr to a +2.5yr release schedule for the whites? Or maybe they’ll offer it in the Fall and then go back to the usual Spring release.

Bought my box & the whites. Easy peasy.

Anyone know the make up if the 2017 white? Is it still.mainly Rhone varieties or a good dose of Chardonnay?

Cheers

38% Chardonnay, 25% Viognier, 22% Roussanne, 9% Muscat, 6% Petit Manseng

Thank you!

In my case, never…

Well this is interesting…I’ve purchased EVERY Estate box offered since 2009 vintage…and am only wish listed in this offer??? Was offered 1 bottle of Grenache, and 1 bottle of white??? [scratch.gif]

Email sent…