2017 Rivers Marie Cab release

Glad to hear that no post-fire fruit is included. It might be great, but it takes a risk off the table for all of us that aren’t able to taste them prior to purchase.

Maybe we should start a thread for people to post what vineyards had fruit still hanging during the fires? I wouldn’t outright avoid those, but proceed with caution and do further investigation before purchasing them.

I have been buying RM for the past several years, and in my opinion the Lore and the Panek are the best in the lineup. Although the latter needs serious sleep time in the cellar (especially the 16). Bummed that there is no Herb Lamb this year, but will try and bury some extra funds in the backyard in anticipation of the 18’s. Across the board there, I will be a buyer for sure…

I am sure I am the outlier here, but the cabs just don’t capture my attention. I sold off all the ones I bought. Just not my style.

I’ve opened one 2016 Lore and I felt it was amazing but very young. I cannot wait to see how it shows with more bottle age. The 2016 Napa Valley bottling has been great, and similar to the Becklyn Napa, such is to say very good.

I would assume these will get shipped in September/October?

Can you elaborate? Just curious . Thanks

I like black cherry, tobacco, leathery cabs with complexity that are approachable in the near term. The RM’s to me seem more dense, black fruit, espresso, tannic, brooding. Probably great with time, but… I took a shot with these. Just not my style. I really like Congruence, if you are familiar with those. That’s my style.

I like them both but prefer the Congruence style and price point. I wish Steve was still making it.

Solid advice here.
2017 Lore should be amazing.

Gotcha . Thx.

Last year was my first year with RM and only purchased a few 2016 Napa’s, one Lore, and one Herb Lamb. Haven’t had the Lamb yet but have enjoyed a few of the Napa’s as well as the Lore. Kicking myself for not maxing out the Lore purchase last year. Picked up some more 2016 Napa’s via retail while in Napa this year and will continue to do so when I find them. Won’t make the same mistake this year and will max out the Napa and Lore allocation. Will buy a few Paneks as well to try. RM is a great bang for the buck.

Really? I’ve always found TRB’s cabs to be among the most red-fruited I’ve ever had from Napa. He often coaxes out a blood orange note that I’ve rarely encountered in other Napa Cabernet, same w/hints of red bean paste. Been drinking them since the 2007 vintage and can’t say I’ve noticed any kind of coffee/espresso note…maybe from a Schrader or two but I haven’t one in a few years.

That said, if you’re looking for more of a left bank Bordeaux-style Cab, R-M is certainly not that.

Should add I’m in for the case, one of the few Napa Cabs I still buy.

Offer is live. In for 2 Napa and 1 Lore. Free shipping but minimum 3 bottles

At checkout, there were two December dates to choose from

In for one of each

2 Lore
1 Panek
3 Napa

Bought Napa and Lore.

2 each Napa, Panek, Lore

DITTO