2016 Scarecrow Allocation

Wine Advocate gave the 2016 Scarecrow 100 points. The 2016 vintage was stellar for cabs. May be worth the buy as an investment. If anyone in Portland metro area has an allocation available to them and wants to go in on it, let me know.

2 Likes

$1200?!?! For one bottle?!?!?!?! [pwn.gif] [swoon.gif]

Lokoya / Chris Carpenter also refuses to release their 2017 Mt. Veeder:

Signed onto the list in 2008. Never once bought M etain though offered every year. Got first offer in 2013…

I was able to purchase the Scarecrow 3 pack last year and received today’s email. Never bought M Etain and have been on the list for barely 3 years.
Have been on Alban’s list for much longer and rarely get offered their super limited wines.

Ah! That explains it.

I haven’t actually read it in a while. The last time I ordered I gave my allocation to a certain Californian who had some “difficulties” with the truth and paying me.

He went on to France to become a legendary winemaker…

I think we got put on double-secret probation!

My first vintage was '07
I didn’t get an allocation bump until 2 or 3 years ago.

[scratch.gif]
[scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]
[wink.gif]

Do you accept Bourbon as currency?

Bourbon is dead at retail. BMW parts are back in vogue.

Or the promise of bourbon.

10 minutes after I posted the above yesterday, I received an email from the winery:

“As we prepare to release the 2016 Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon next month, we wanted to remind you that offers are extended to customers based on list seniority - generally after a 3 year waiting period. If you do not receive an offer this year, it is either for that reason or because a Scarecrow offer was extended to you in the past but was not purchased. Declining to purchase Scarecrow during your prescribed offer period shifts your position to the end of our waiting list, opening the opportunity for newer list members to move up.”

I guess l’ll make sure to buy the 2019s!

Below is what I received;

It is our great delight to share with you that based on your list seniority you will be receiving an invitation to purchase the 2016 Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon. The offer begins in early March and more details will be provided prior to that time. For a seamless delivery experience, we suggest that you consider using a business or FedEx office shipping address.

We respectfully remind you that declining to purchase the wine during your prescribed time-frame will shift your position to the end of our waiting list, allowing others the opportunity to purchase. As usual, the wine is offered on a first come, first served basis.

The 2016 vintage is our fourth 100 point wine and we are thrilled that you would consider adding this stunner to your cellar!

~My guess is that many people on the list last year did not buy and where booted to the end of the line.
Scarecrow WS MV.JPG

Has anyone had their allocations increase after being granted a wish list from the prior release?

Been buying since 2013 and have only received a 3-pack offer. However, for 2014 I was offered a Magnum but declined, was not offered it again for 2015

I got the email for my allocation. Anyone know how long the allocation is guaranteed for?

First come first served
The release usually comes in waves so long time buyers don’t have to rush.

Any info what is the price point ? Or historically? Have to assume shippinng these to the East coast can get pricey .

lat year i was 1225 with tax and shipping to ohio

I bet it’ll be $1,150 per 3 pack. It went up $60 from 2014 to 2015. Guessing a 6% increase just like the previous year.

Looks like production went from 1,850 cases (2015) to 2,000 cases (2016). Looks like more folks will continue to be added like the previous year.

Thanks .

With the increased production I wonder if they will offer extra bottles to existing buyers or add new people.
A few years ago I was able to buy 6 instead of 3. The extra 3 were a wish.