2016 Rivers Marie Cabernet release

I love that dog in your avatar!

I second that.

I will be in for a few of the base. I usually buy a few of the upper end bottles too but might have to pass this year due to money being allocated for things other than wine.

That’s our boy, Zeb, a standard poodle.

Same for me. Booker’s Cab offer was just released today and Aubert next week. Ouch!

2017? me thinks you need to edit the thread title CJ … [cheers.gif]

Thanks, did not look at the release year.

Maybe Will will chime in with some tasting notes? I know they’ve always helped me choose what bottles align more with my tastes especially with the new vineyard.

The official Thomas penned notes are not yet in my possession and at this point, I don’t think I will get them in time to ‘publish’ them ahead of the Tuesday morning release. With that said, having tasted through bottled wines a few times, I do have some broad stroke thoughts.

No one wants to hear it, but 2016 is another exceptional vintage. For my preferences, it is the best I’ve seen since joining the business in 2009. There is a saying that the best vintages are the hardest to remember as nothing really happens. That was 2016 - warm not hot, good yields, no weather related pressure and the ability to pick when you want without compromise.

Vintage v. Vineyard – 2016 is a vineyard vintage. By that I mean the weather cooperated and stayed out of the way, allowing the individual characteristics of site to shine through (I consider 2015 Napa to have more vintage impact, for example). If you have traditionally liked a certain bottling in the past, I feel safe in saying you’ll like/love this years version.

Hope that helps, sometimes these things make more sense in my head than they do in print.

Has anyone actually tasted the RM’s Herb Lamb cab? Since that’s a new one I’d be interested to hear how it is. I know there have also been wines from Colgin, Tor, and HL (Herb Lamb’s own estate wine) from this vineyard so it would be interesting to hear how they compare, especially since the Colgin Herb Lamb was one of the original “cult wines.”

Thanks for the thoughts Will.

I just cracked a 2015 NV, just to confirm I want to continue buying. I’ll be in for the NV at least. Anyone know why the label just says “cellared and bottled by Rivers-Marie”, Is that just a cute way of saying that they make it, or do they use a custom crush/contractor?

My Lady Sapphire (in my avatar) and your Zeb would get along really well. She would boss him around, he would love it, and everyone would be friends.

Thoroughly enjoyed a 2015 Panek tonight…a buyer on Tuesday.

Notes up on the website. Well-written and informative. Looking forward to the release tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, always nice to know what we are buying! Would be nice to see some tasting notes on Cellar Tracker, but haven’t seen any yet.

Live

Emails go out at 9, but this is correct. Appreciate the support - especially the early, work out the kinks pre-orders. -will

Hi Will,

Is the three bottle minimum new for this offer?

I started it with the Pinots, so this is the first time it has affected the Cabernet release but not the first time we have done it. The cost of shipping was just too high on 1-2 btls.