2016 Carter Cellars - Incoming!

I think that for the money, it is a solid play for serious lay down wine.

From what I have heard, 2016 and BTK are epic wines in the making. In magnum format, you’ll have something special in 15-20 years.

Lol wow. Impressive. Should’ve grabbed more than 3 bottles clearly.

I just cant pull the trigger on the gto, i know its great but the mag is whats killing me, ill settle for 4 more OG ‘s more chances to enjoy at 1/3 the cost, hopefully its still special

Plus, how do you guys know how many bottles are left

Try ordering 999btls.

Thanks, only twenty cases of OG left

I was fortunate to grab 3 OG’s and 2 La Verdad, hopefully I’m in for a treat. Have had Myriad Dr Crane Elysian before but not Carter.

Carter is on a different level. There’s just something special anout ToKalon.

You all convinced me to try a couple bottles. Just ordered the OG…

I may have to open a google adsense account. lol

In yesterday for two each of the Las Piedras La Verdad and Las Piedras La Bam, and thought I was showing discipline by stopping there… This morning, I find myself on their site contemplating buying the Carter blend and the Weitz… #IHaveAWineBuyingProblem

Haa. I’m on the fence as well. I’m thinking the Three Kings, if I remember correctly, it’s a blend of OG, Las Piedras and Grand Daddy lots. Any Carter experts that can confirm this? #IHaveAWineBuyingProblem

According to Carter website Three Kings is BTK. No mention of Las Piedras being blended in.

Blocks A, B and C from Beckstoffer ToKalon if I remember correctly.

Duh, of course no Las Piedras. Only blocks of BTK.

Btw, only 50 bottles of OG left. Following this is oddly fun. When I spoke with Dan last week, he thought it would take a month to go. The demand is increasing, thankful the price only goes up $5 a year.

The O.G. is sold out.

Thank god I didn’t wait and pulled the trigger on 3 OG at 2am last night haha. Missed the La Verdad unfortunately

The 2016s from Carter are all remarkable, beautifully crafted wines. TNs via the link:

https://www.cellartracker.com/m/users/403192/notes?q=2016+Carter&offset=0&limit=50&o=

Looking forward to my bottles arriving! Great tasting notes. I was particularly intrigued by your note on the Hosfeld Coliseum. I may have to make a second order.

I was very pleasantly surprised with what the Hossfeld brought to the table. Not a bad QPR to boot. Bam, Three Kings, Carter Carter, and Hossfeld were all elevated in 2016. GTO, Verdad, and OG were my usual favorites, but the aforementioned also stood out this time around. It becomes a “splitting hairs” kind of thing, as all of the wines really were top quality in my opinion.