2015 Sloan Offering

Who’s taking their allocation of the 100pt 2015 at $527/bottle?

I think Neal and Bobby are splitting a case. [wink.gif] (sorry, board joke)

You may not get much response on this thread as I don’t know there are too many Berserkers spending $500+/bottle on Sloan…

I got an offering (first one from them) for the Sloan Asterisk. Most likely a pass given the reviews and pricing.

The only Napa Cab I would ever even consider spending this kind of money on is Abreu.

have enjoyed Sloan’s i have tried, some quiet a bit, but never moved.

1 Like

I bought the first few vintages and remember loving one of them, but one vintage was quite salty/saline-y, and one vintage was disjointed, so as the price went up I dropped out…

Just got on the list, but am passing.

Didn’t even know they were still around. Let’s see 4 Myriad or 1 Sloan.

Mark - I had the exact same experience. Also dropped.

I chose the 4 Myriad haha [dance-clap.gif]

I traded Aubert pinot for a bottle of 2004 Sloan when it was first offered because I thought I should own one. I still have it. CT says that I valued it at $200. So that means in 11 years the price has increased by 9.2% compounded annually. Sure beats inflation - from the winery’s perspective.

By the way - is it any good? I have only that one bottle and I don’t know when to open it. I am not a buyer at $527.

we tasted the 2001 Harlan and 2001 Sloan in 2011 side by side and both wines were fantastic and flawless wines. i recall that Micheal Grammer might have some notes on the same up here. sadly, the 1985 Sassicaia and 2001 Solaia flight at the same dinner saw both corked.

i also had the 2000 sloan from an arguably lesser year and I love it.

so i would suggest that yes, this will be a very fine wine.