2015 DRC

Thanks. I think the best 1995s still need time, in many cases, so that makes sense.

Thank you for that!

I will be looking forward to the results!

Goes well with Ortolan, I’m told.

[rofl.gif]

A single magnum of 2015 DRC Echezeaux hammered today for $5,000 at Acker. My earlier post had dates a bit off thinking it was same day as HDH sale- HDH sale with several 2015 DRC lots is coming up next week.

That’s just stupid pricing. If idiots are willing to pay it, far be it from me to tell them not to drop the money

Yesterday I bought 2015 La Tache for $USD690 and RSV for $USD590 off a dear mate that only charges me Domaine Direct pricing, so their is a lot of price gauging going on
MT

Today, HDH sold all but a couple of one bottle lots of their offerings of 2015 DRC. The site has, available to all to search, the specific results for each sale- but here is a recap of the average price per bottle (average of the per-bottle sale price per lot plus the 19.5% premium),

Romanee-Conti - 19,386
La Tache - 5,328
Richebourg - 3,585
Romanee St. Vivant - 2,838
Grands Echezeaux - 2,689
Echezeaux - 2,041
Corton - 1,793

These results suggest that current secondary market retail prices are not all that unrealistic, scarily enough.

What I find interesting is how the Corton and Echezeaux have fared- these came in much higher than I expected and suggest a strong “aspirational” demand for the DRC brand itself. A good comparison might be Manhattan rents- with a closet sized studio being not that much less expensive than a spacious 1 bedroom because you have a large number of people who want to “be there” but can only afford the entry-level experience. Echezeaux happens to be one of my personal favorites in the DRC portfolio, so I do not mean to disparage it. But in this current environment where a handful of the very wealthy are driving the prices of the crème de la crème to unseen levels- DRC is in rare company to have their entire portfolio perform in this manner.

For my part- tempting as these are given the vintage and reviews, 2006 was the last vintage I bought- and I do not see that changing anytime soon…

Interesting results. For what its worth, a couple months back in Beaune I was able to taste through multiple recent vintages of DRC Corton, and I was shocked at how great it is. Very much held its own alongside the Eche/Grands Eche. It’s a worthy entry in the portfolio.