2015 DRC

DRC sells from the cellar door? Must be to a limited list of clientele or everyone would finance a trip to Europe based on that.

Case discounts?

Bruce

The long term clients, like Coche Dury and others.

Perspective time:

Found an invoice of a vacation sale to the Mauna Lani Resort in 1988 for multiple bottles of each.
1978 DRC:
La Tache $200 per
Richebourg $200
Grands Echezeaux $165
Echezeaux $139

In these 30 years, the La Tache increased 30 times it’s sale price to a current price of $6000 per, is what I awkwardly wrote initially.
Five years earlier, I believe we were buying La Tache in Europe for about $65 per.
No such appreciation with release price increase in recent years.

yea, there are guys like Mssr Audouze who get a yearly allocation direct from the domaine.

These prices are 6 times+ higher than what I paid for my 2015’s… Yankees are getting screwed

I’ve decided to pass this year

Herwig,
People who end up drinking these are the ones who get screwed but most of them are so rich that it won’t really matter.

Anyone have current allocation prices?

im really happy with my current buying strategy for DRC:

instead of buying a single bottle DRC I pay my student loans that year.

Those are priced as if they were bought from an oblivious retailer, and then offered for resale. Hard to imagine putting those out at those levels if you bought direct from the importer.

Le Tache 2183
St. Viv 1738
Grand Ech. 1063

and who even gets the “current allocation” pricing? I stopped buying about 06.

A recent offer (this week)

1 * DRC - Montrachet 2009 at 5250 euro

1 * DRC - Romanee Conti 1943 at 8250 euro - Bin Soiled Label, 4-5cm.
1 * DRC - Romanee Conti 1959 at 9950 euro - Stained label, great level
1 * DRC - Romanee Conti 1983 at 8250 euro - Damaged Label
1 * DRC - Romanee Conti 1990 at 18500 euro - US label
1 * DRC - Romanee Conti 1993 at 14000 euro - US Label

It is very high but not at the level of the crazy offer of Benchmark.

In the UK, Tâche was 1,200 GBP. Quite happy with that.

Off topic, but did you happen to drink the 1995 RC lately, François?

I have it on good authority that those yacht drinkers go through a lot of Marcassin pinot noir after the staff has poured themselves the DRC and are bringing refilled bottles topside.

[cheers.gif]

It’s part of the “Sommeliers for Social Justice” movement.

William,
concerning 1995 DRC I have drunk twice La Tâche, twice the Bâtard, once RSV but not yet the RC.
It could be a little early to drink it.

I drank the 2015 La Tache Thursday night with Kevin. One of the greatest young burgs I can remember. A huge future.

PSA- In my periodic review of winesearcher for 2015 DRC pricing as it evolves, I noticed today that in Hart Davis Hart’s upcoming auction from September 13-15 that the full range of wines- except the Montrachet- will be on offer, including 3 separate lots of Romanee-Conti. That same weekend, Acker will be selling a single magnum of Echezeaux.

While 2015 DRCs have been trickling in on winebid for a few weeks now, the above two sales are the first time- to my knowledge- that 2015 DRC is coming to major live auction in meaningful numbers, and with reserves far below the current retail asking prices. It will be the first key set of free market data points in a market that is increasingly being manipulated toward secrecy.