2013 Kosta Browne Varietals out

Supposedly the spring/fall offerings are managed as separate lists. I made the SVD this fall, but no SLH for me in the spring.

Another data point.

Last Spring, my allocation was two Chards, six RRV, and four SC. I bought them all.

This Spring, my allocation was two Chards, five RRV, four SC, and three SLC. I passed on the Chards this time and bought three each of the Pinots.

We’ll see what this does to my allocation next year.

Last ones I tried were the 11s. Big and bold, well made, still in a style that I no longer prefer.

I’ve only been on the list since last year. What are thoughts on drinking window for these? I know the tasting card that comes with them says wait 3 years or otherwise decant 90min beforehand. The decant rule has served me well with the RRV and Sonoma '12s I have drank. Stil have more as I’ve wondered if I’m killing them young. So Drink’em? Wait for some baby fat to shed? . . .

Thanks

I wouldn’t worry about drinking them young. They’re not wines that seem to get better with 5+ years in the bottle.

I agree. I think they’re at their best within 5 years or so of the vintage date. And I’m usually the biggest fan of aging pinots.

I had the 09 RRV the other day and I would have to say that the 12 RRV is better, its as if the older they get the more cough syrup/cherry cola comes out, they lose the acidity and freshness and I prefer that

But that’s just me

I do prefer the Sonoma Coast offering vs RRV now, the RRV appellation release seems like a blend of nearly 10 vineyards now. Not saying that is for the worst but it has lost a little luster for me and with the plethora RRV Pinot’s for less make it an easy pass for me at this point. Allocation was the same as last year, but I have been getting wines off anothers list which helped get some SLH and SC’s in previous years.

Went to place my order and the saved shipping address that I’ve used in the past is now flagged as a"no-ship" state. Guess that makes it an easy pass for me

Thanks Andrew and Chris for the helpful notes. Cheers.