2011 MACDONALD This Week

All, I do want to say what a class act that Alex is.
He sent me an email explaining their plans on allocation, he even offered to bump me up on the list and grant an allocation.
My response was that my intent wasn’t to be negative but simply to state that I had not been notified…I also told him that it was very generous for the offer to be bumped but I did not want my negative comments to be rewarded.
So, I am hoping to see if there is wine available on the next wave of offerings (Friday) and if none is available then I am hoping for a spot on the 2012.

Thanks Alex for reaching out to me

I “Pile on” for the Customer Service accolades! :slight_smile:

Amazing customer service.

would customer service matter if you didn’t like that wine? Just a general question, not MacDonald specific as I purchased the '11. I can think of several wineries that have great customer service to the point of me wishing I liked the wine. But if I don’t like it, does it really matter how great their service is, from my perspective at least?

If anyone wants my 3 bottles… send me a PM.

Just received a sold out e mail at 4:30 eastern.

I am in for a three pack. I missed it last year, but got the offer today.

Got the offer, but at $450 minimum buy-in, I’m not sure I can afford it.

Another new Napa cab… another $150 with 3 pack minimum…

That along with all the pricing increases… the market must be bearing it i suppose?

I received the offer today and jumped on the 3 pack. And as was said before, amazing customer service. A few minutes after I placed my order I got what appears to be a personal email note from Alex thanking me for the support. That’s a first for me!

Notice of a sell out means I’m pretty much done with my contemplation, I suppose. Maybe next year.

“New” in one sense only, and that is their own label on the wine. Otherwise not new at all. Forty year old vines in one of the best vineyards in North America, all previously used for Mondavi BTK and reserve bottlings, is not really new. But I do get your sentiment. Many “new” projects coming out with $150+ prices. Most have newly planted vineyards without the history that MacDonald has, though.

1 Like

+1 wow that was fast

Got my email at 12:48 pm today, jumped on it at 1:15-ish, sold out. got an immediate note from Alex apologizing and thanking me for the interest. Great customer service, but am bummed that I had less than a half hour to order. Reminds me of what happened a few years ago with Next of Kyn… :frowning: oh well, maybe he’ll find a bottle for me somewhere.

wow. so this sold out in 46 minutes?

Clearly they should’ve charged more.

Michael

$150 + S&h+ tax plus 2011 vintage equals no three pack for me. As well I wasn’t thrilled with CT reviews on the 2010 even though the last three were 98’s. I had to look at those peoples ct cellars and found there were none. Just tasting notes on expensive wines. :astonished:

this was the second wave - behind everyone who bought last year.

Wow, same thing happened to me last year. Sold out before I could I reply. Email offer received today at 348pm est, sold out email at 434est. Saw both at 445 pm and too late. Maybe third times a charm for the 2012s. Congrats to them!

I literally watched the e-mail hit my inbox, instantly opened and clicked on link to view allocation but there was nothing there. Basically it was sold out by the time I received the e-mail inviting me to purchase.

Kind of odd, but like others have said makes the decision a lot easier…

Well the offer has been out for two days so perhaps most of the wine went to those who purchased last year.

1 Like