2011 MACDONALD This Week

Did the same, easy to support Alex & Graeme.

Isn’t that annoying though? I’m guilty of it as well, but I can’t imagine waiting 10 years just to try one wine to see if I like it, especially if I’m buying year after year.

I have faith - in the site and in the team. This was surprisingly easy.

Funny, I bought the 2010 last year, received a letter from them in the (snail) mail last week about the 2011 release, but did not get an email, and when I log onto my account there is no allocation.

I just got a call from Alex MacDonald after I emailed him about this. They have split the offer into 2 days, part today and part tomorrow. He said that everyone who bought last year will receive an allocation for this year, and that they will be guaranteed for this week (not sure if that ends Friday, Sunday, etc.).

(and yes, that means I went in for a 3-pack)

I would say that while this could be a 10-year wine, it will be a beauty soon after release (if not upon release) … it’ll be much faster than the well-reputed 2010. Does that mean it’ll be “over” at 10 years? Certainly not - but in case there were some who couldn’t wait 10 years to see what MacDonald is about, this could be the vintage for you.

Ditto!

In for a 3 pack! Alex and Graeme are fantastic, and these wines have so much complexity to them.

Based on this thread, I logged in, found my allocation and bought my three bottles. Got the letter, but not the email (yet).

EDIT: Email just hit minutes after I posted this…

In as well. No email yet, but allocation was up when I logged in a little while ago.

is anyone else having trouble completing Purchase. The Purchase button just locks up and I have had tried both Explorer and Firefox.

As bad as it hurts, I will have to pass this round. No job and $150 a bottle adds up to a bad day at Black Rock in these parts.

In all seriousness it probably has more to do with the 2011 vintage than anything.

Having just finished an '11 VHR, it’s given me hope for other '11’s out there. It was freaking outstanding.

i was on the mailing list last year but was out of country when the offer came thru so i did not order
this year, nothing…no snail mail, no email…i guess i am completely bumped of the list?

Just email Alex. I’m sure they will be understanding.

FWIW, I also got shut out of the offer last year, and haven’t heard a peep this year.

The first two days of the offer were for those who purchased last year. Or so the release email said I believe.

Alex very quickly saw my post here and reached out to me personally, with an update on my spot on the wait list. Looks to be an incredibly classy and responsive operation!

Indeed. I got a similar email as well.