2010 Vineyardist Cabernet Offering

I got the last year’s first vintage…

“… an absolutely stunning wine
that is easily one of the highlights of the year…
firm, refined and utterly impeccable,
the 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon boasts fabulous balance and class…”
96 points
Antonio Galloni, The Wine Advocate
Issue #204 | December, 2012

Dear Friends:

With great joy, we announce the availability of The Vineyardist 2010. Last year, we achieved a major milestone with the release of our first vintage of Cabernet Sauvignon. We value and treasure the tremendous response we received from the wine community and have worked diligently this past year to earn your continued support. The resulting wine, The Vineyardist 2010, is a wine of singular purpose - to portray the very soul of our Diamond Mountain estate and capture the essence of the 2010 growing season.

Of the vintage, winemaker Mark Herold shares …
“Harvested at yields less than 1 ton per acre on the last day of October, this wine was barrel aged for 21 months in 100% new French oak. The result is an expressive and focused aromatic core of black/purple fruit: high-tone notes of raspberries, black cherry, strawberry, exotic mountain berries and boysenberry. Hints of crushed rocks, crème de cassis, cigar box, candied lavender, violets and smoked cherry wood fill out this fragrant landscape. The mouth is an intense experience with lush plum jam flavors, great extraction of savory berry, rich rounded tannins, and a long persistent finish. While delicious now, The Vineyardist 2010 should drink effortlessly over the next 20 years.”

I’m interested. Price? Any large formats?

3 pack @ $525
1.5 L @ $450

Would like to hear any comments if anyone has tried. Seems steep!

Same here - I want to jump in but 175 a bottle?

Seriously $175 ??? I don’t think so!

I am sure Roy Piper will let us know why the bottle is worth that serious coin.

I’ll take the magnums; I like paying a premium of almost 30% for the right to have that bigger bottle rolleyes

But seriously, at that price I can pass but good news for those who won’t: Less market pressure.

I always feel like a I-need-a-miracle-ticket hippie but I like to pay a bit less than two 750s when buying a Mag. Maybe it’s the Heb in me?

Did anyone bite?