2010 Dom Perignon

I have one of the above five. I’ll leave it to you to guess

Received the HDH offer and had the exact same conclusion. Makes no sense to me. Hubris could be the only explanation.

I knew you were a gun guy! neener

Just not my style, I prefer different such as Larmendier Bernier. Just my two cents champagne.gif

on sale at Binnys for $160. Same price as the 08 and 09

Who are you kiddin’ Dan, with that comment I peg you more as a Jerry Garcia shirt, jean shorts, squirt gun, no wife and a double-wide kinda guy. Can’t fault someone for protecting their turf no matter how dramatic. [berserker.gif]

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Actually, I have a few shotguns.

I’ve got the whole lot except a shotgun rather than an AR15!

Had the 2010 Dom Perignon last weekend out of curiosity, having recently had both the 08 and 09 from both Dom and Cristal. There’s a lot to like about the 10 but I have to agree your money is better spent on any of the other 4.

My strategy is to buy Dom in the exceptional years 96/02/08 and leave the rest to be consumed at Vegas Night Clubs.

+1. But at that price I’ll be left wondering . . . and drinking 08.

this thread is making me want to go back to costco and load up again on 2008 DP

Robert,
I’m not a Vegas Night Club, but I’m happy you’re leaving '09 for me! flirtysmile neener

Cheers,
Warren

are people really paying 180+ for current release Dom? Im sitting here in Costco and the 08 is on the shelf for $155…

I suspect if you asked the average Dom buyer, they could not differentiate between vintages.

There is this bizarre perspective so often here that everything has to be one or the other. If you like Dom Perignon, as I personally do, why not at least buy a little bit of 10 for sake of comparison? There’s a diminishing value to getting more and more and more of the great vintages like 08. If your choice is between buying one bottle of 08 or one bottle of 10, then sure, go for the 08. But if you bought two cases of 08, it’s far from certain that, even at the same price, 6 more bottles of 08 would serve you better than having 6 bottles of the 10.

By the logic advocated by posts like Mark’s, you should just figure out the best value and quality as you see it, and then just have a thousand bottles of that wine in your cellar. But of course that gets boring. So does having a dom perignon collection with only one vintage in it. Find the balance, and buy less of a lesser vintage and go deeper on the vintages you think are the best. But ending up with a mountain of 08 and nothing else won’t be much fun after you’ve had your fill.

Why buy all those gone off bottles when you can get a brand new bottle of Dom fresh off the production line? Sure, you’ll pay a bit more but at least you’re not drinking last season!