2009 And 2010 Dominus And Spottswoode?

For those in the know, please compare and contrast the 2009 and 2010 Dominus. Also, the same with the 2009 and 2010 Spottswoode Cabernet. Thanks.

I have not had the 2009 or 2010 Dominus, however in conversation with Todd, I was informed that the 2009 is a more complex, nuanced and sophisticated wine and less bold than other recent vintages. Todd has a slight preference for the 2009 over all other vintages from 2007-2011. Probably more Bordeaux like and in need of cellaring.

Definitely the case with '07 and '08. I popped the '08 a couple weeks ago just to say “hi” and seriously regret it. Did the same a couple years ago with the '07. Neither showed their full potential. I tucked them away for the long haul.

Thanks, guys. Anyone on the Spottswoode?

I have had both of the Spottswoodes 2009 and 2010.
Both are voluptuous sexy Cali Cabs. I don’t find huge differences here with one exception.

The 2009 is a little more extracted for my tastes. (Remember I am a Bordeaux/Burgundy drinker). The 2010 has maybe a little more liveliness. This is an incredibly consistent wine of excellent quality. The 2008 version of this wine was truly outstanding for the vintage. Wished it was cheaper. Both of these are very young but if you like young Cab they are ready to go.
2009 more approachable maybe than the 2010.

Thanks, Don. The 09’s sound like strong contenders with both producers. I’m glad that I have a mag of the 08 Spottswoode.