2008 Salon to be Released Only in Magnum

As regard to Salon pricing, the other thing I’ll mention is the price seems to fall after the initial offer. Just my observation.

So a 96 Salon I just had recently was still a baby after 21 years. I probably won’t be around when the 2008 is ready to drink.

probably $700 or more.

That’s what I was thinking, but brad said 250-300 but then said it’s not released yet? I am confused

I think he was referencing original 96 Oeno release.

Ouch.

I’ll second Brad on 2009 being much better than expected, and genuinely exciting thus far.

My experience with the 08s has been very strong - grower vintage wines, select negociant vintage wines and stuff like Special Club 08s have had all the proper elements for cellaring well. Just got Peters Chetillon 08, and I’m now curious to see how it performs. My gut says better than 96, though I was less involved with Champagne at the time and didn’t get to taste as widely.

I’ve gotten less enthusiastic about 06 as time has gone on - offhand I can’t recall tasting anything that made me go “Wow!” There’s nothing wrong with them, but they don’t have the extra dimension and electricity a great vintage should have at 10 years.

Yes, sorry, I meant the 96 Oeno. The 96 Oeno was released with a 2008 and a 2013 disgorgement. When the P2/P3 come out they will be the same wine, but probably different disgorgement dates.