2007 St Innocent PN Justice & 2005 Pavelot SlB Les Peuillets

2007 St. Innocent Pinot Noir Justice Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (2/16/2010)
I loves me some St Innocent and the Justice has become and instant favorite. Not sure what time will do to these but the 777 clone shows nice from the get go. Smokey and ripe aromatics. So tasty. Does need a little air time to collect itself. For an 07 this has great ripe fruit. Nice balance of citrusy acidity. The texture makes this a nice drink that doesn’t tire you out despite the big fruit. Not sure where this is long term but I am liking the prospects for the next 5 years. (92 pts.)

2005 Domaine Pavelot (Jean-Marc et Hugues) Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru (1/26/2010)
Smokey and brambly on the nose. After a day the aromas seemed sweeter and cleaner. Grapefruit/citrus acids. Yummy stuff. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I got a chance to taste this with Mark at Thanksgiving weekend. The 777 showed very well. It would make sence, seeing that it is a big fruit, type clone, at least in Or. It would be interesting to try it next to the 06… Jason, wait till you try the 08. Man in the boat over board… flirtysmile

Drinking SI at age 2.5? my my my

It’s nice to see more positive comments on Mark’s ‘07’s. I had a Winemaker’s Cuvee a few weeks ago that was rockin’. So I took another bottle with me back east last week for dinner with the Trimpi’s and it was just kinda bleh. headbang

Do you like the Justice better than the Momtazi, Jason?

Yeah the Justice always seems to show well young.

Too soon to say. I find the Justice more tasty with its holiday spice where the Momtazi is more animal and seemingly needing of time. Both are new to the stable so time will tell.

What are your thoughts?

Jason

Not as experienced as you buddy. But I did like the Momtazi when I tried it. I will have to taste the Justice soon.