2007 N. Potel CM Les Amoureuses

This has been one of those bottles, I have been wanting to open for some months now, but have been having trouble actually opening. Long internal dialogue with myself: What if it disappoints/is not as good as I want it to be? What if it too young? What if Potel has messed it up somehow? For some reason, last night I decided to open it.

2007 N.Potel Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses. Mid red colour, lovely enticing bouquet with lots floral notes, red fruits and a little forest floor. Palate was stunning, very fine and balanced and long. Beautiful silky fine grained tannins, open and delicious with lots of complexity and depth. Shows some development with some forest floor elements. Beautiful red fruits and great finesse, charm and subtlety. Totally lived up to the vineyard’s reputation and definitely met or exceeded my high hopes. One of those wines that totally charms you from beginning to end. A relative bargain for Les Amoureuses and the 2007 is quite forward right now. A wine of Grand Cru depth and complexity.

Brodie

Brodie. Great note, thanks very much…

Lovely note, Brodie. Anticipation and concern prior no doubt sweeten the experience when it works out well :slight_smile:! Whenever I have those ‘open it or not but when’ internal dialogues… there’s always book club.

Good one Brodie. I’m glad it showed so well.

Cheers, Howard