2006 Rivers Marie cab

I had this at dinner with some friends last week, and while I have no tasting notes, I can say that it kicked ass! Everyone was blown away by the depth and balance of the wine. It was a nice dark purple color, but drank a little lighter and with plenty of lift to carry the fruit. Medium bodied and a long finish. Unfortunately, it was my last bottle and definitely the best of the lot.

David, thanks. I have at least a couple of these that I’ve been wondering about.

Thanks, still have all six I bought … but not for long.
Also have 2004’s.
This is the poor man’s Schrader.

I’ve got an '08 on tap for this week. Haven’t been able to pull the trigger and drink the last of the 03 and 04 that I have left.

Why don’t I have any 2005’s and are there are none on CT?

If I remember correctly, they made no 05’s

I would recommend a decant for the 2008. It should be excellent, but will need some air.

I think that’ll be the plan.

Somewhere in the deep recesses of my (alleged) mind … I remember that … now that you refresh the gray matter. Thanks,

They did Not make a 2005. I thought I had blown a vertical so I sent them an email begging for a 2005 and they told me it did not exist.

My note on the 2006. Time to crack another.

• 2006 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/8/2008)
    I thought I was committing infanticide but this turned out to be very drinkable at such a young age comapred to the RM cabs of a few years ago that needed tons of air and that were very tight. Red fruit, a bit of vanilla, very smooth and velvety palate, dark color, no real astringency on the tongue from sharp tanins.Alcohol is not intrusive and seems less than many other TRB wines. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Here’s my take on the 2004:

5/3/2010 - I wrote: (Edit) 92 Points

Just a wonderful Cabernet. Fragrant nose of dark fruit and cassis. Still has some tannins but the toasted plumb, tobacco and leather rise over the top. Long finish.

I have three more and will keep them for next winter. Still has years to go.

Here’s my take on the 2004:

5/3/2010 - I wrote: (Edit) 92 Points

Just a wonderful Cabernet. Fragrant nose of dark fruit and cassis. Still has some tannins but the toasted plumb, tobacco and leather rise over the top. Long finish.

I have three more and will keep them for next winter. Still has years to go.

Thanks for the info on the 2004. Sounds like they start to sing around six years old. I’ll hold the rest of mine for awhile.

David, I start to try TRB’s chard at 3 years … Cab at 6-7 and Pinots at 5. But they last for years.