13 Schramsberg BdB & 2000 Cheval Blanc

• 2000 Château Cheval Blanc - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (7/4/2016)
    With time in the decanter this started drinking better than I expected. The aromatics were stunning. Dark fruits. Cherries and blackberries along with tobacco and cedar. At first the palate was really tight but it started to spread out quickly. I loved the complexity and how it spread out over my tongue. I loved its tannic edginess. Amazing how at some points it showed great power and the next moment pure elegance. Drinking great right now. (97 pts.)

• 2013 Schramsberg Vineyards Blanc de Blancs - USA, California (7/3/2016)
    What a terrific wine. Young but drinking really well and is showing complexity at every level. Even though we were drinking out of flutes, the nose was bold with lemon, peaches and bread. On the palate this continued with fresh up front fruit and a long finish. On the finish I got pie crust a and bit of minerality. Yum. (93 pts.)

Cheers,

Jason

Posted from CellarTracker

Had that Cheval a couple months ago, it’s a stunner. My WOTY so far.

Scored it exactly the same:

Very nice, Jason. Very nice.

Nice. We almost always have Schramsberg on hand. Sounds like the '13 BDB might be a case buy.

Nice note on the 00 Cheval. It’s really one of the all time great Chevals IMHO. Outstanding now, and will likely be great indefinitely.

Jealous.

+1

Thanks for Juicy note on the Cheval 2000.
I remember at en primeur, actually begging for the lone bottle, in My cellar.
One of the fastest EP sell-outs, not counting the poms, in both Denmark, and Sweden.

-Soren.