125 Bottles I need to part with. Any suggestions?

I have 128 bottle of various varietals and vintages. I travel and I am never home to enjoy. Most are in a euro cave. I want someone to take them off my hands. None are expensive wines but there are some really excellent wines in the lot. I’ll look at any offers. If you are interested or know someone that is please let me know. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Lisa,

I have two pieces of advice. First, get known and trusted here before posting wines for sale. Second, there is a Commerce Corner where this should be posted.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thank you for the advice. I’m new to this site. First post. Just hoping for some friendly direction.

If the bottles are worth on average more than $40 I would recommend winebid. They will come to your home and pick them up. They are getting more selective for less expensive bottles and will want to see a spreadsheet with everything on them. They will tell you what the will not take and give you an estimate of value. Hard to say more without knowing what you have.

4 Likes

Thanks Stan. I did try Winebid. They only take on large lots At certain price points.

Thanks Robert. I did submit the list. They were very nice but they said there was not enough inventory. So ill keep trying.

In case the reference to Commerce Corner wasn’t clear, it’s a section of Wine Berserkers. Check it out: The one catch is that it’s for Berserker participants. Hence, the 25 post threshold to list things.

1 Like

winebid.com is where you might want to start.

1 Like

oh
em
gee

1 Like

If Winebid wont take them you will probably have a difficult time elsewhere. Do you have a list of the wines you can post here? That would be helpful to see

2 Likes

Do you have any gift cards to unload? People are really interested in wine gift cards here.

5 Likes

I think WineBid was a good suggestion. Since they are not interested, you could try Spectrum Wine Auctions, but I’m guessing you might get the same response.

1 Like

this

3 Likes

Could try something like Craiglist or something like it with the caveats that 1, I believe it would be illegal and 2, if they are fairly unknown labels, they probably wouldn’t sell for more than a couple bucks each but $200-300 total is better than pouring them down the drain.

If you are offloading your wine and will no longer need the Eurocave, you could try to bundle everything together.

3 Likes

First things first. Put an entire list together. Just an easy list in alphabetical order with vintage, wine and how many bottles. Try and sell it at first as an entire lot. If you have some fun stuff in there, people will take the stinkers just to get the good stuff. if that doesn’t work, sell off the goodies at a decent price, them dump the rest for pennies on the dollar.

You will have to handle shipping yourself, so find some shipping boxes, make sure you go to a UPS store and not the post Office to mail the wine. Wear dark clothes and a mask when taking the boxes to UPS. Declare the contents as ‘olive oil’ made in your back yard. And there you have it.

where are you located?

I am in New Orleans.

This does seem like a fun thread to follow. I will be fascinated to see what develops.