12 Angry men: Who Are They

You can only count Tyler Rico one time.

Wheels?

THAT is funny! Too bad half the audience here will probably have to google a while to get the joke…

Took the words right out of my mouth [cheers.gif]

+1 I think we need to be careful about too much guilt by association. There are some very nice and modest fellow wine lovers in this group.

I don’t know about the nicknames, but of that group I believe both Ray Tuppatsch and Edward Milstein have posted here in the past and although their lives aren’t my life they’ve both seemed totally reasonable people.

My son (of all people), worked with Rob several years ago. After he knew him for a while, he told me that he had a champagne collection, and that maybe I should meet him. HA. Little did I know that his champagne collection was worth a few bucks. I understand he’s a nice guy.

They have a Pope! Awesome.
I’ll bet he blesses wine!

Funny. [cheers.gif]

John kapon is angry

Big yes!

True. And some total a-holes, to be entirely fair about all of this. And somebody had to teach Mr. Galloni about Champagne, so who better than the folks who own most of it? :slight_smile:

First off, only two of the names brought up here other than RK and Kapon were part of this group. Secondly - several of the members were anything but high-flying and most of the tastings were NOT that heavy hitting (I think there was a 60s/70s CA Cab tasting). If there were more than 3-4 heavy hitting dinner’s among this group over its less than 2 year formal existence I would be surprised. It was a monthly tasting group in NY with 12 members. The attention it has received is almost completely undue.

Josh

All, I didn’t mean to cast any aspersions or to imply that the 12 Angry men did anything wrong. They didn’t (unless you think that drinking a lot of “heavy lumber” is wrong).

They did, however, consume some of the world’s finest wines and my guess is that they may have inadvertently drank Rudy’s juice on a number of occasions.

Rudy was NOT a member of the 12 Angry me. Ray Tuppatsch said so on this forum. In fact, he called Rudy a “part-time” member. Justin is also correct that this was a New York tasting group. Eric Greenberg was NOT a member as well, Ray also stated that in this forum.

I was just interested in who were the 12 Angry men.

Here are the folks that I know so far:

Ray Tuppatsch = King Angry = The Cardinal
Rob Rosania = Big Boy = King of Champagne (KOC)
Todd McGowan = The Hillbilly
Brad England = Secretary of Defense
Carl Klapper = The Chairman = Country Squire CK
Jefery Levy = Hollywood Jef
Edward Milstein = The Punisher
??? = Bruce the Evictor = Bruce the Returner = Bad Boy Bruce
??? = Airline Eddy
??? = Wheels
??? = Curley (?)
??? = The Bone Collector
??? = The Pope
??? = The Big Ticket
??? = The Don

I just wanted to see if folks knew who the group consisted of. KenV is correct. Please don’t let this get pulled down in the swamp. [cheers.gif]

Only the top two here were 12AM.

Do many of these guys know each other and drink together? Sure…but they were not a part of this tasting group.

Josh

Amen. We shouldn’t be judging people by association just like its not prudent to judge wines blind by association. How often do we get them wrong!

I was in NY last year just before Thanksgiving and took some friends out to dine at Marea. There were five men accompanied by an attractive young lady, model-type, at the table next to us, enjoying half a dozen bottles of Latour, Lafite, DRC, and more. They were quite loud. After reading the WS story of Kapon and the 12 Angry Men and the mention of Marea as the auction site, I immediately jumped to the conclusion: THAT WAS THEM!

But then it could have been just a group of friends celebrating [swearing.gif] their Wall Street bonus.

the ‘revised’ Wall Street bonus - otherwise it would have been a dozen bottles.

Todd, yes indeed!

What happened Jack Lemmon and George C. Scott?

They were in the 1997 made-for-TV version, not the 1957 film.