101 Best Sandwiches in NYC, LA, Philadelphia, Boston, San Fr

The food blog for New York Magazine just came out with a 101 best sandwich list for NYC and a listing of top sandwiches in other cities. Some neat looking sandwiches out there. Looks like I’m going to have to do some exploring!

Brad

NYC list.

LA list.

Philadelphia list.

Boston list.

San Francisco list.

Chicago list.

I’ll add my own. Baltimore - Isabella’s. Fantastic Italian deli with a wall of great sandwiches. I’ve had a few of them and have never been disappointed.

Mike and I go to Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop when we’re in Vegas.
The Bobbie sandwich is excellent. Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, may … it’s all good! I love a good sandwich !

That LA list does a pretty damn good job. The ones I’ve been to on the list are top notch.

They definitely had me in suspense until the last slide. “What? No Langer’s?”
It gives me quite a hit list for return trips home.

You know, I have to confess that I thought a lot of the sandwiches elsewhere looked a lot more interesting to me than most of the sandwiches listed for NY.

wow - i had the complete opposite reaction. i’ve had most of the philly ones and the ingredients are subpar across the board. and the LA ones seems rather ordinary in comparison to NYC.

Get thee to Zingerman’s.

Seattle = Salumi

Add Baguette Box

LOL same here. I’m going to go try the Kobe Meatball Panini at Drago Centro tomorrow. YUMMMMMMMMMM

Zingerman’s is good, but it’s not even the best sandwhich in Ann Arbor … for that, you need to find your way over to Sottini’s Sub Shop on 4th St. between E. Liberty and E. Washington.

aw crap- just checked out their menu. I need to go there.

Good to see Lil Luccas on there for SF. My favorite sandwich shop. People who think the Subway footlong for $5.00 is a good deal has not had lil luccas…freshly made sandwich that is probably twice the width and 3Xs the meat and 100Xs the taste for less than $7.

I’m not saying I agree with all of them, but if you’re in Boston, and you use that list, you will not be upset. We moved our office out of Boston a few months ago and this list just depressed me…I miss my Boston lunches!