LA offline Friday, July 8th- Updated with venue and details.

So, I had so much fun in LA last July, that I’m coming back for more! I’ll be in town on Friday, July 8th and would love to get together with folks and pop corks again. No venue as of yet, as size will help determine where we’ll have it, but I have a couple of locals sending out feelers already. Also, if you can’t make this one, there should be another gig in the OC the next night, but I’ll start a separate thread for that one.

So, while we’re still more than two months away, who’s in? I’ll update as we the date gets closer.

Updated:

Gregg G has been working on a location for us and has one! As we get closer to the date and we have a better idea of attendance he’ll be able to provide a cost estimate, plus we might eventually be able to take over the restaurant for the night, but here’s what we have so far:

Where: Marouch, 4905 Santa Monica Boulevard website: Marouch
When: Friday, July 8th tentatively 7:00 pm.
Wine: Potluck!
Stemware: Please bring stemware!

Updated July 5th. This just in from Gregg:

“If we stay at 30-34 people, we’re looking at $50. Everyone should bring CASH. Tons of mezza, grilled meats and sides, dessert, coffee, corkage, tax and tip. There is limited parking in the lot (also street parking), carpool if possible. Decant at home if you need to.”

So, that’s a minimum number. More folks are welcome to join in.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers,

Brad

Attending:

Brad Kane
Gregg G + 1
Dan Fredman
Howard Camhi + 1
Charlie Fu
Eric Ifune
John Tomasso
Barry Lipton
Bruce Leiserowitz + 1
Paul Klevgard
Marshall Gelb + 2
Veronica Castro
Lisa Love
Bob D’Amico + 1
Yoni & Shilo Ovadia
Bob Summers
Samantha Sheehan
Mark Jones, Brad Maury & Will Crawford
Robert Thornton
Andy Velebil
Ron Freed + 1
Poppy Davis & Aaron Fruchtman
Wetrock

Brad . . .in +1 . .looking forward to it!

Count me in.

I may be around as well.

wouldn’t miss it. Count me in.

Count me in! Looking forward to seeing you Brad…

I’m in

Welcome back

You know it’s a party when the coolest chick in LA is coming! [dance-clap.gif]

Looking forward to catching up with all of you! I had a great time last time!

I’m not yet sure what my plans are for that weekend, but I’m tentatively in +1.

Bruce

Count me in…
Paul

That date is pretty far out, but please put me down as a tentative plus 1.

[cheers.gif]

Brett

Absolutely!! Looking forward to it! grouphug

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

P.S. Will be +1 and for Brad…possibly +2 [stirthepothal.gif]

Yes! Please sign me up!

Hoping to make this. Looks like Indiana might not be happening.

Updated with venue and some details. Please see the first post.

Brad,
I’ll let you (and/or Gregg) make a status decision on me if there is a pending max on attendance. I don’t like it when people fill up offlines without actually commiting, then bail out late, so will toss this scenario out. As I said earlier, I may be taking a big trip on July 8. However it is up in the air. If we end up closing on a pending house purchase and do the remodel, we’ll be moving around then and will postpone the trip. In that case we (+1) would be in for the offline. Right now I’d say there is a 60% chance we will be in town 7/9. I would know for sure by 6/20.
That considered, I’m either a tentative yes or can just wait to see if there’s space when I’m more sure.

J - Thanks for being conscientious. Brad will keep a tally here. Keep us posted and best of luck with escrow.

Can upgrade me to probable!

Actually, what I would like to do is make a series of increasingly unreasonable questions and demands about the offline. After about a dozen of those, then I would like to cancel my appearance at the last possible moment because I have a “better deal” somewhere else. I hope that’s OK…

But seriously, I’ve been to Marouch with Gregg before; I think it was a Garagiste wine potluck that was a lot of fun. The cost for the Lebanese food was extremely reasonable. We are planning on being in town that weekend, so please upgrade us as well.

Bruce

Please sign me up!