1989 Yquem halves...$150...what do you think?? UPDATED 11/19...

Have a question…don’t know whether this should go in CC or here but I’m sure you guys will do what you have to do…

Anyway, here is the situation…I have a person here in town that is trying to get rid of around 13 cases of the '89…all half bottles. They want me to get rid of it but I just don’t know at what price I could sell this many cases. Do you think at this price I could get Berserkers to help me out? I’m not trying to get any money out of the deal but I would want somes bottles for the work.

So my question is…is this a good price? If he says no to the price would people go up any more or is this the limit for most people.

Thanks for the help… [cheers.gif]

I would buy them.

a good price assuming proper storage

What do you know about the provenance of these cases? Are these 24-bottle cases? Why did he buy so much?

If you can give a lot of confidence in the provenance, I would think they’d sell easily at that price.

In fact, I’ll take a case!

Copycat! [snort.gif]

Good price. Provenance may be an issue with that many cases.

Great minds . . .

Fixed.

Love to hear a bit about provenance, but put me on the list, too . . .

. . . and hurry, I feel my blood-sugar dipping! [swoon.gif]

[cheers.gif]

No sniping! [tease.gif]

I would love to hear about provenance and would be interested in picking up some.

Update: I guess since people are putting in orders below:
How much is a case? 12 or 24 halves? I’m definitely in for 6, possibly 12, probably not 24 unless I win the lottery.

I just talked to my connection about storage. It’s been kept in a wine facility in the Hamptons for years…guess the guy is very wealthy and just wants to unload. I just pitched to my friend I would unload them for $140…why not see how low he will go!

If you are interested just lay a comment below and I will PM you when I get confirmation…this could be interesting…

I’m in. PM me for a case.

I wish to top your $150 bid, and can drive to the Hamptons for pick-up. [cheers.gif]

Me. Me. Me.

In the Hamptons? Can I get a discount for pickup? [cheers.gif]

Screaming deal. I bought a 750mL earlier this year for ~$350 and that was by far the lowest price in the country. Right now Posner has 375mLs for $340. Fantastic stuff. But crack a bottle before you buy.

In for a case.

I’ll go for a case too and be willing to pick up.

Maybe the New York crowd can coordinate purchasing a case or 2 for local distribution. I’d be happy to advance the money using my (cough) credit card. I can always use the miles. [wink.gif]

I’m in for a couple of bottles.

anyone want to split or go in for 3rds for a case?