Cholula. The Original.

I always find myself trying new hot sauces and I have had my fill of the claims. Sure, they’re hot, but usually nothing more.
That’s why every once in a while I always come back to this old standby from Mexico. Within a few moments I find myself questioning why I wandered in the first place.

Love this stuff.

+1

Love Cholula. Nothing better IMO.

Perfect with eggs.

Yes. And hash browns.

Now I’m hungry. [head-bang.gif]

It is a terrific hot sauce.

The Pepper Plant Original California Style Hot Pepper Sauce

Love this stuff.

I had never heard of Cholula until a friend went to Jeff Smedstad’s Elote Cafe in Sedona AZ. She came back with his cookbook, and after I tasted the food she cooked from it, I bought a copy as well. He calls specifically for Cholula, he says he likes the viscosity, plus there are various notes in the flavor that are different from other hot sauces. I was surprised to find it at the grocery store two blocks from my house! I buy both the regular and the Cholula Chipotle. The round wooden top is cool too.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2011/07/the_elote_cafe_cookbook.php

Crystal, Frank’s, and Cholula are my holy trinity. Different flavor profiles, different applications, all excellent.

I love Cholula too, but always wonder why it is the only sauce out of my 10 or so that has to add a preservative?

What preservative?

Crystal + Fried chicken is SO MUCH WIN

Dave is a good friend of mine from www.flyertalk.com
You’ll never guess his screen name. [wink.gif]
I’ll point him in this direction later.

Good question, since the only thing I can find is Xanthan Gum, which isn’t a preservative.

+1 on the Cholula on eggs and hash browns.

Mix some chorizo, eggs, and hash browns in a skillet.

Put inside a warm tortilla

Top it off with Cholula

Breakfast of Champions

I think pepper itself is a preservative, like sugar or salt, no?

Worthy company at table:

Taste of the Caribbean Mon!

Tabasco CHIPOTLE:

Roberto, the label is staring you in the face and you can’t spell “Tabasco”?

Anyway, I haven’t tried the Tabasco version, but Bufalo has a chipotle hot sauce that I like a lot. It’s almost the equivalent of the adobo in a can of chipotles and you don’t have to waste the rest of the can if all you need is a teaspoon. Kinda like tomato paste and anchovy paste in a tube in that respect.

Frank,
If you ever get out to Sedona, do yourself the favor of eating at Elote Cafe. Great margaritas, great food, great view. Great place.