Cholula. The Original.

Xanthan gum provides the viscosity, arbol and piquin peppers the distinctive flavor notes.

Like cholula…but this stuff got some good reviews. http://m.rateitall.com/i-62129-baboon-ass-brand-hot-sauce.aspx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I believe Jorge would disagree with the OP.

Hmmmm…

That one does, indeed, include a preservative - sodium benzoate.

This has become my favorite. It may be a little sweet for some.

yep, I was quite incorrect about the preservative…I just remember a few years ago reading the labels of many of my pepper sauces and wondering why cholula had the extra additive (in my head I was thinking preservative I guess) and it just stuck! Anyway, it never stopped me from buying it! As far as some of the others I keep around Texas Pete’s, Louisiana, Tobasco Chipotle, Franks Xtra Hot and the cock, Siracha

Different uses for different sauces eg.
Red Beans and Rice - Crystal
Gumbo, Guacomole - Tabasco
BBQ - Tabasco Chipotle
Poached eggs - Sriracha
Grilled Oysters - Tabasco Green
Refried Beans and Rice - Cholula
Broccoli - Thai Sweet Chili Sauce

I don’t see how you can keep just one sauce around…

Don’t care for Louisiana, but also keep Texas Pete and Franks around for wings, although I also use Crystal for those.

This one has the best label, IMO. IIRC it tastes pretty good, too, but it’s been a while.

Really, this stuff is the shit.

another vote for Cholula and Pico Pica.
alan

This is my go-to:

Marie Sharp’s. Great flavor and nice heat.

Cholula is the bomb. The garlic and onion version is frigging spectacular as well.

I truly hate this one - it was the only option available at my parents’ local grocery store for ‘hot sauce’, and it sucks, particularly on eggs…how I WISH I had some Cholula there!

Thread Drift:

How about salsa in a jar? (Not just hot sauce.) Not too hot with lots of flavor.

We have Mexican food about twice a week. One restaurant has two great salsas but fair food the other has good food and salsa that is ruined by excess cilantro.

Any suggestions?

No such thing as excess cilantro.

Well, I wouldn’t put it on eggs any more than I’d put half a can of chipotles en adobo (or Tabasco or ketchup) on eggs, which deserve to bask in their own glory. As an ingredient in another recipe, it’s nice.

[cheers.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Man, I got a jar of this stuff, and it is brutal but good. I can power through Sriracha, Cholula, Tapatio, Crystal etc. I’m somewhat fearful of the Dave’s though…