Patricia Green Cellars Berserker Day Offerings

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. Offers are posted in groups of 10-12 every 30 minutes - Auctions preview at 9:00 am PST
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#1 Post by Jim Anderson » January 24th, 2017, 2:29 pm

We are offering two different packages this year.

Half Bottle Bonanza

I thought folks here might be interested in a half bottle offering. I think the selection of half bottles has dwindled over the years, but we are still doggedly working on muddling through some offerings. I like them. We don’t bottle many, but do bottle good stuff!

4 x 375 ML bottles each of the following wines to create a 12-pack:

2014 Estate Vineyard, Etzel Block Pinot Noir: Our best section from our Estate Vineyard. Planted on a northwest slope in 1986 to Pommard with Dijon 114 added in 2001. This recently was reviewed by Vinous and received 93 pts with the comment: “This vivacious Pinot sure doesn’t act like it came from a warm vintage.”

2014 Olenik Vineyard, Wadensvil Clone Pinot Noir: One of my favorite wines year after year owing largely to the Wadnesvil clone which I believe has the capacity to produce delicate, elegant and forceful wines. Also received 93 pts from Vinous with the note: “Finishes silky and sharply focused, displaying superb persistence and silky, even tannins that fold effortlessly into the energetic fruit.”

2014 Balcombe Vineyard Pinot Noir: This is a Dundee Hill site we have managed for 20 years now and it is very difficult not to like this beautiful fruit. Received a 91 pt grade from Vinous with the note of: “The smoky quality comes back on the velvety, gently tannic finish, which hangs on with impressive tenacity.”

These normally retail at $33, $24 and $21 per bottle, $302 combined as a 12-pack.
We will offer them up to Berserkers’ looking for a pint-sized bang for their buck for $225, ground shipping included.

2013 Ribbon Ridge Signature bottlings of Pinot Noir from our Estate Vineyard in a 4-pack

Well, we did not hold back 200 cases of 2013 single vineyard Pinots like Marcus Goodfellow, but we did hold back a few cases of a couple bottlings from our Estate Vineyard in the Ribbon Ridge. We have only been pouring these gems at tastings we host here at the winery. We will put together 2 bottles each of these to make a 4-pack.

2013 Estate Vineyard, Bonshaw Block Pinot Noir: This had been a signature wine (at one point, the signature wine) from our Estate Vineyard dating back to when we began in 2000. However, the steep south-facing block does not lend itself incredibly well to hotter vintages and we have only bottled it now 4 times in the past 7 vintages going back to 2009. But when it is on, it is one of the best wines we produce. The International Wine Cellar gave it a 92 and said: “Concentrated yet lithe Pinot with strong finishing thrust; silky tannins come in late to add shape and grip.”

2013 Estate Vineyard, Etzel Block Pinot Noir: We started bottling this in 2003 and this has certainly taken over the spot as the defining wine from our Estate Vineyard. Planted on a northwest slope it is quite different than the Bonshaw experience. This also received 92 pts from IWC and noted as: “Fresh and precise on the palate, offering gently sweet raspberry and mulberry flavors and a touch of candied rose.”

These wines retail at $50 and $60 per bottle, $220 combined as a 4-pack.
We are offering them up to Berserkers’ for $175, ground shipping included.

Ordering

As many of you will and have experienced in the past, these wines will be shipped when weather permits. We are constantly monitoring weather across the Country and will only ship when temperatures are safe, not to compromise the quality of your wine. Basically if you live outside Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada and Arizona you are likely going to have to wait a bit for shipping. Other arrangements for shipping beyond ground delivery may require an additional fee. Please contact us if you need the wine to arrive by a certain date and we can provide you with a shipping upgrade quote.

To order please go to our website at www.patriciagreencellars.com click on “Buy Our Wine”. Once that page opens click on “Berserker Packages”. For ordering help please call the winery at (503) 554-0821 or email Margaret Barry at Margaret@patriciagreencellars.com. For further information on wine descriptions or production questions, contact me (Jim Anderson) directly at jim@patriciagreencellars.com.

When you are ordering please note that we put the 2014 Berserker Cuvee Pinot Noir back on our website for today only. It is offered at $216/case and includes half-off shipping costs. This is our last year creating this Cuvee, so don’t be shy about throwing a case or two in with whatever Berserker Day packages you are in for!
Last edited by Jim Anderson on January 26th, 2017, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

#2 Post by Richard T r i m p i » January 26th, 2017, 7:59 am

Curmudgeon! neener

Although the 4 pack was impossible to resist.

RT
Last edited by Richard T r i m p i on January 26th, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corey N.

#3 Post by Corey N. » January 26th, 2017, 8:05 am

I love small bottles.
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

Terence T-Bone Livingston
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Terence T-Bone Livingston » January 26th, 2017, 8:08 am

I'd just love to stock your Pinot's in N FL. Distributor still out.
ITB

Douglas Breen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Douglas Breen » January 26th, 2017, 11:28 am

I'm almost out of Oregon Pinot! Always wanted to try your wines. Looking forward to the 2013's and the berserkers curvee.

Fred Daniels
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Fred Daniels » January 26th, 2017, 8:48 pm

I'm in for the halves!!! Great stuff! Many thanks!!!
Oh, and some Berserker Cuvee of course.
MWM seeks '28 Coutet...

David_S

#7 Post by David_S » January 26th, 2017, 8:51 pm

In for a box of shorties.
Spr3ch3r

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#8 Post by Marcus Goodfellow » January 27th, 2017, 8:20 am

I had a bottle of the 2013 PGC Bonshaw about three weeks ago. It was a dynamite bottle of wine, and a GREAT example of the weightless power of great Pinot Noir.
Goodfellow Family Cellars
Winemaker & Owner

MikeR
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by MikeR » January 27th, 2017, 8:40 am

In for a 4-pack of the Ribbon Ridge
Mike R o s a

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#10 Post by sdfruman » January 27th, 2017, 8:46 am

In for the halves. More temptation to open a bottle and polish it off! Thanks, Jim!
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

TKMcWilliamsII
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by TKMcWilliamsII » January 27th, 2017, 9:45 am

In for a 4pack and 2 extra bottles of Berserkers Cuvée! Can't get enough of PGC!
Tim

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#12 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2017, 9:49 am

Halves of Pinot - awesome. I don't think it would help me much, however, as I don't seem to struggle mightily with drinking a whole bottle of Patty Green Pinot (in 750ml)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

benkearney

#13 Post by benkearney » January 27th, 2017, 10:26 am

LOVE half bottles.

Tom Hudson

#14 Post by Tom Hudson » January 27th, 2017, 11:23 am

Just ordered a case of the 375mls.

Thanks!
Self-employed CPA, CT - cuffthis

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#15 Post by Jim Anderson » January 27th, 2017, 11:46 am

I wish the real world had the love for half bottles that there is in here. Or even vaguely close to it. We are endeavoring on being persistent in attempting to get distributors to work with half bottles and even though we do not really bottle that much (30 case equivalent each for 3-4 different wines) it is not an easy project. Every time I think we have it figured out it seems the ground shifts. So, for those of you buying the 375s here, thanks so much and please enjoy them!

JonF

#16 Post by JonF » January 27th, 2017, 11:56 am

I was hoping to see some halfsies on BD and Patricia Green delivers. Mine!
Futej

I. Howe
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by I. Howe » January 27th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Just bought a case of the Cuvee, my first ever BD purchase.
Ian Howe

AndrewH

#18 Post by AndrewH » January 27th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:I wish the real world had the love for half bottles that there is in here. Or even vaguely close to it. We are endeavoring on being persistent in attempting to get distributors to work with half bottles and even though we do not really bottle that much (30 case equivalent each for 3-4 different wines) it is not an easy project. Every time I think we have it figured out it seems the ground shifts. So, for those of you buying the 375s here, thanks so much and please enjoy them!
I have to support the production and sale of 375s! Look forward to this variety pack, Jim.

Any other 375s lying around?
Andrew H e i m e r t

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#19 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:I wish the real world had the love for half bottles that there is in here. Or even vaguely close to it. We are endeavoring on being persistent in attempting to get distributors to work with half bottles and even though we do not really bottle that much (30 case equivalent each for 3-4 different wines) it is not an easy project. Every time I think we have it figured out it seems the ground shifts. So, for those of you buying the 375s here, thanks so much and please enjoy them!
Who needs distributor love for halves when you have Berserker love???
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Joshua Kates » January 27th, 2017, 3:56 pm

I've loved the Balcombe and the Etzel in other years, but it's been too long, and I don't think I've ever had the Olenik. Half-bottles great for weekday drinking, so, as they say...what's not too like?

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Sean_S » January 27th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Thanks for putting Bizerker Cuvee on the menu today. In for 6
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

Joe Davis

#22 Post by Joe Davis » January 27th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Between the corovin, and keg wines its hard to get traction with half bottles. I still do them but they take forever to sell through. Hats off to you Jim for staying with it we all love half bottles and buy them when they are cool wines to drink.

Good to see the great response here.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#23 Post by Jim Anderson » January 27th, 2017, 5:57 pm

AndrewH wrote:
I have to support the production and sale of 375s! Look forward to this variety pack, Jim.

Any other 375s lying around?
These are the only 14s we have but we did '15s of Freedom Hill, Estate Old Vine and Balcombe Vineyard. We cut out the Olenik and Etzel Block because the higher end stuff didn't see to fly. Trying to see what the wines in the $35-$42 (for 750 ML) do on a regular basis.

David_S

#24 Post by David_S » January 27th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Looking forward to these, but would have to say in general the fact that they don't cost half of a 750 and storage issues is a deterrent too. But since I'll drink Pinot with food and generally not into the evening I think these will be great
Spr3ch3r

P@u1_M3nk3s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by P@u1_M3nk3s » January 27th, 2017, 7:14 pm

I've been wavering on 375 case since last night. Now in! Thanks Patty & Jim!
Cheers,
Paul

P@u1_M3nk3s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by P@u1_M3nk3s » January 27th, 2017, 7:18 pm

PS: I've been holding on to a bottle of 2006 Broadway. Drink or hold??
Cheers,
Paul

T. Melloni
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by T. Melloni » January 27th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Happy to have the halfsies. They offer some flexibility when you just want to share a glass.
Add my voice to the chorus.

As an additional note, the PG 15's I have tasted as a futures purchase have been fantastic.
Limit of 32 characters; I am #33

James Lyon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by James Lyon » January 27th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Jim,

Good evening and thanks for the offers. I tried to check out, but I was over the shipping compliance limit. I'll touch base with Margaret next week regarding the additional case of Berserker Cuvee. Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you in the Carolinas.

James

AndrewH

#29 Post by AndrewH » January 27th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
These are the only 14s we have but we did '15s of Freedom Hill, Estate Old Vine and Balcombe Vineyard. We cut out the Olenik and Etzel Block because the higher end stuff didn't see to fly. Trying to see what the wines in the $35-$42 (for 750 ML) do on a regular basis.
I would also love to see more 375s in restaurants . . . perhaps you can place some there?
Andrew H e i m e r t

Carter Y.

#30 Post by Carter Y. » January 31st, 2017, 9:30 pm

I already received my wines today!!
Thank you, Jim!!
Y = Yeh

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by Sean_S » February 2nd, 2017, 11:10 am