Navarro Vineyards, Anderson Valley - a long history of quality and value

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. Offers are posted in groups of 10-12 every 30 minutes - Auctions preview at 9:00 am PST
stewart lancaster

#101 Post by stewart lancaster » March 14th, 2017, 6:20 am

Br@d S w @ l l o w wrote:
Dan Hammer wrote:
Jorge Henriquez wrote:Berserkerday Sampler in:

2013 Riesling Anderson Valley
2013 Zinfandel Mendocino
2015 Edlezwicker
2014 Gewurztraminer Dry
2012 Cabernet
2013 Chardonnay
My box came today. Same wines. Must be a NY thing. neener
My mystery 6-pack also contained the same wines, and it also arrived today (in Maryland) along with 6 other bottles I picked to round out a case.
Same for me. Arrived today. Supposed to have 3-6 inches of snow- we got none!

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#102 Post by Scott Wi3gand » March 14th, 2017, 11:16 pm

My mystery pack arrived along with my mixed 6 pack that I picked out.

*Mystery pack:
2015 Mendocino Rosé
2015 Sauvignon Blanc
2013 Pinot Noir
2013 Chardonnay
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
2015 Gewürztraminer Estate Bottled

*there was some kind of mixup somewhere along the line and instead of the base 2013 Gewürztraminer 375ml that I ordered came as the Late Harvest Guwürztraminer instead. I wouldn't have ordered this since I used to think that I didn't really like sweet wines. That was until yesterday.

I decided to open one of the Gewürztraminers and don't notice it was labeled as Late Harvest. I poured a glass for my wife and myself and checked in on the nose. Holy wow, there was all this honeysuckle and honeyed goodness and thought, that seems odd for a dry wine but I was undeterred and went in for a taste and was blown away. The concentration and layers of flavor were awesome. By this point I was compelled to check the bottle and that's when I discovered the Late Harvest stamp. I triple checked my invoice and I didn't order that nor did it come as part of the mystery pack.

As I said upthread on BD, I have traditionally not drank too many whites. As a younger man, I had my fill of cheap and insipid whites and since have had few that have convinced me to seek out more serious whites. This wine was a turning point in two different ways. I am not only going to start exploring the wider world of white wines more seriously but I will also be much more respectful of sweet wines when done well. I can't tell you how excited I am to try the rest of the case I ordered.

RDHudak
GCC Member
GCC Member

#103 Post by RDHudak » March 15th, 2017, 8:18 am

That sounds great! I just got my mixed case yesterday, which included the dry Gewurztraminer and the Late Harvest, and I can't wait to try them! Thanks again for the great Berserker day offering.The beauty of this is that it allows me to try wines and styles that I normally wouldn't, and at reduced pricing. champagne.gif
Scott Wiegand wrote:My mystery pack arrived along with my mixed 6 pack that I picked out.

*Mystery pack:
2015 Mendocino Rosé
2015 Sauvignon Blanc
2013 Pinot Noir
2013 Chardonnay
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
2015 Gewürztraminer Estate Bottled

*there was some kind of mixup somewhere along the line and instead of the base 2013 Gewürztraminer 375ml that I ordered came as the Late Harvest Guwürztraminer instead. I wouldn't have ordered this since I used to think that I didn't really like sweet wines. That was until yesterday.

I decided to open one of the Gewürztraminers and don't notice it was labeled as Late Harvest. I poured a glass for my wife and myself and checked in on the nose. Holy wow, there was all this honeysuckle and honeyed goodness and thought, that seems odd for a dry wine but I was undeterred and went in for a taste and was blown away. The concentration and layers of flavor were awesome. By this point I was compelled to check the bottle and that's when I discovered the Late Harvest stamp. I triple checked my invoice and I didn't order that nor did it come as part of the mystery pack.

As I said upthread on BD, I have traditionally not drank too many whites. As a younger man, I had my fill of cheap and insipid whites and since have had few that have convinced me to seek out more serious whites. This wine was a turning point in two different ways. I am not only going to start exploring the wider world of white wines more seriously but I will also be much more respectful of sweet wines when done well. I can't tell you how excited I am to try the rest of the case I ordered.

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by Dan Hammer » March 22nd, 2017, 12:54 pm

A friend popped over today, so I opened the '13 Chard. I'm a good friend. Taste of apples. A hint sweet and a hint oak that quickly faded. Smooth and delicious. If this was a $25 bottle instead of $10, I still wouldn't complain. Can wait to open the others.
This space for rent.

stewart lancaster

#105 Post by stewart lancaster » April 6th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Opened the 2012 cab today, unfortunately it was corked!

stewart lancaster

#106 Post by stewart lancaster » April 14th, 2017, 5:50 am

Drank the 2014 chardonnay and it was excellent Opened the 2013 zin and it was corked. Weird, 2 of 3 bottles have been corked

Scott Wi3gand
GCC Member
GCC Member

#107 Post by Scott Wi3gand » April 14th, 2017, 9:28 am

I opened up a 2014 Estate Gewürztraminer that was terrific and a couple days later opened a Navarrouge that was a solid table red that would go well with a variety of foods. It is also of particular value since it's an easy value add to make up a full case to qualify for 1 cent shipping.

Return to “BerserkerDay VIII (January 27, 2017)”