Favorite Session beer?

I can’t get myself off Stone’s Levitation Ale. Victory and North Coast’s Saison beers are delicious, but there is something about Levitation that keeps me coming back.

Nice pictures. No descriptions?

For me, Scottish ales and Wee Heavy beers cause gout, so I avoid them.

The Belhaven is a classic Scottish Ale with a creamy DRY texture and flavors dominated by MALT, not hops. You can drink two or three and still argue about politics or music…perfect session beer.

New Belgium’s “Le Fleur Missieur”

Duvel Green

Tetley’s

Great Lakes makes a number of top notch beers (their porter immediately comes to mind), but this seasonal is far and away the best Xmas-type ale I’ve ever had. At 7.5% ABV, it’s easy to get in trouble with this one [whistle.gif]

Michael, the original question was best SESSION beer (relatively low alcohol brew that you can drink a lot of while doing something else like playing darts, watching championship curling or ending world hunger), not Seasonal…but that IS good stuff.

I think I found one: Brasserie de la Senne Stouterik
5% abv

Nice, light, but finger-thick head of tan suds. The body is NOT opaque, but very dark in color.
The aromas have hints of coffee and spice while the body is tightly wound with roasted caramel and nut flavors.
Carbonation is only slightly prickly in the mouth, leaving plenty of room for the flavor while refreshing the palate.
Delicious and cheap! $5/11.2oz

Beers that I can drink a lot of?

Red Seal
Hoegaarden
Boont Amber
Leffe
Grimbergen
Allagash White

Best true session beers for me though are Hoegaarden, Pacifico and good Czech / German lagers and some Maerzens…

Learn something everyday here…I had never heard the term session beer

My session beer just happens to be seasonal neener

Right now my favorite is O’Hara’s Irish Red. It is from Ireland and is on the darker, maltier side of the style (though not as much as some American versions). It has nice complexity, with spicy notes and a creaminess to the midpalate. I like that it’s interesting to the geek in me but also delicious and drinkable for the regular beer drinker in me. I also really like Gavroche from France, but at 8.5% abv (and a high pricetag) I’m not sure it qualifies as a session beer.

I also really like Gavroche from France, but at 8.5% abv (and a high pricetag) I’m not sure it qualifies as a session beer.

Sorry, not a session beer.

missed this little tidbit earlier … i hope you were making a funny b/c I honestly don’t see how “beer”, “cheap”, “$5”, and “11.2oz” can all make it into the same sentence without being funny!
[tease.gif] We’re talking $30 for a six-pack here … and one that’s nearly half a beer light, to boot!!

In all the thousands of posts on dozens of BBs I still forget that sarcasm doesn’t translate well.
“Cheap” was sarcasm. [whistle.gif]

I’m still on the hunt for the ultimate session beer, but lately have found the search more exciting than the goal. I just started reading this guy’s blog:
http://sessionbeerproject.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, I guess I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to mention it as I was talking about another red ale. The O’Hara’s is a reasonable 4.3% and I don’t mind having a few in a row.

I figured as such, but nonetheless felt compelled to determine if you were operating at an unbelievably high level of baller-ness here. There’s a few beers I’ll touch at that price (almost always a gueuze or lambic), but not many, and not often.

Good snowboarding lunch beer:

Stella nice and cold.

Of course every so often it is Tecate with lime, salt and tobaco.

Oh and OB.

Jason