Proper punishment for reps trying to make sales call Thanksgiving Week?

We put one on Double Secret Plus Plus Probation today and told her that, if she comes in on Wednesday to help load cars, we MIGHT give her a December order.

The owner of another store was tweeting that some idiot was trying to do a “blitz” with a supplier ON Wednesday (busiest retail wine day of the year). Off with their heads?

a blitz on wednesday? that’s just plain ludicrous. off with their heads if they try such a thing…

We had almost all of our sales reps come in or call today. its the first day of the new list, and tomorrow is the last delivery day of the week for most of them. so it was pretty chaotic. Luckily I cracked open some Bordeaux and sold it to them!

I didn’t mind it today, but they all know better than to come in on Wed. Actually we have two coming in, but they are here to do in store tastings and sell some wine. so it is ok!

I can’t imagine who thinks it is a good idea to do a blitz on Wed.

It’s silliness. We had surveyors in the store, I have had people contact me about work-with’s, it’s just getting down right dumb.

Even if you don’t know what Thanksgiving is, don’t you have google for crying out loud?

Phillip, on average I get two requests a week to fill iPods for folks. We be groovin’ oveh here:

When did The Destroyer get the gig with Los Straitjackets?

Roberto,

If you try and buy my wine this Wednesday…say 5:15pm? I will personally deliver it to you on Thursday…say 4:45pm? (I have some family to see but I can blow them off to get you this case, but please don’t be playing on your computer when I deliver. I’m a busy guy.)

Cool, see you then!

hitsfan [suicide.gif]

[berserker.gif]

I keep a stash of Olive Garden and Red Lobster gift cards to give to jackasses like that.

My pet peeve is marketing people who call a restaurant at 7pm to ask for “the owner” and want to sell me something, knowing we’re a restaurant that has 100 customers being served and they want to tie up my phone and me.

T-Bone, we’re closing at 3 on Thanksgiving so I can hightail it across town to Hollywood for a feast fit for several kings…

9:20 in the morning on Tuesday of T-day week and a distributor shows up with a Champagne rep! She was gorgeous and had a cute accent but I am two hours behind already on deliveries so they got the boot…

Unreal. We, and our distributors, make a point of it to schedule all work-with’s finishing the first week in November. I couldn’t conceive walking into an account now and trying to push our wine. That is the kiss of death, unless you have been invited.

Enjoy the feast for Kings, Roberto!

Back at ya!

I’d make 'em eat this.

Is it some vegetarian “cuisine”?

Problem is that would scare customers too

Is one Stephen King? Larry King? Rodney King?

Anyone remember when BB and the Cos were on the Tonight Show and Cosby reached in BB’s suit pocket and found some biscuits?

It’s a Jell-O mold.