Proper punishment for reps trying to make sales call Thanksgiving Week?

“It’s a Jell-O mold.”

Was it made with real mold? That is a NASTY color for any food item…

That’s what happens when you use lime Jell-O.

2:40 on the WEDNESDAY before T-Day and the Bud rep just came in!!!

We are by appointment only. We never ever see walkins to taste wine. Ever.

One of our managers walked in Tuesday afternoon just to say hello. I have not senn the guy in a year. Luckily, I was hiding in my cave as he got the boot.

We had 2 sales people show up today looking for re-orders. headbang

A friend, who is a Southern-American on-premise rep, was telling me recently that they don’t do any ride-withs between Thanksgiving and year-end, and that they only make brief calls to see if their accounts need anything. Very “un-Southern-like” if you ask me, but maybe their American Wines division has more class. Or, maybe… this rep?

A winery that shall remain nameless sent me this via twitter this morning:

“wanna do a tasting 12/20, 12/22, 12/23 or 12/24?”

Maybe they thought you could really use a bunch of pours about then. grouphug

I banned someone until 2010 for calling on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I think part of this is that the sales volume is so high in this period that the reps indeed don’t do much in the form of ride-withs or other non-essential activity. I don’t know about the “class” comment, but the American division has different workload.

Just to provide an insight from the other side. My wife’s cell and then pager went of a bunch of times during Thanksgiving while we were cooking and eating with the family. One was a customer wanting something immediately that they didn’t have the foresight to order ahead of time with a one day lead time. I also happened to have cruised into a very big retailer Wed. and saw a rep. Not on a sales call per se, but actually doing a little to help the place deal with the customers.

If one more unannouced rep or winery person walks in here trying to sell wine
from what they say is “a high end boutique hard to get small production wine” from a
winery I’ve never heard of, I’m going to lose the rest of my mind, (see me below today).
No offense intended to anyone but in the middle of holiday orders,
I’m ready to go balistic ! This guy won’t go away, I’m letting Randy handle this guy, he’s more diplomatic these days.

I’m not sure which picture is a better likeness… the one above or the one in the avatar!!! [wink.gif] [wink.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [shock.gif] [shock.gif]

It never stops. Yesterday Dec. 23 a wine rep shows up, Randy takes care of him. Today @ 3:45 on Christmas Eve someone calls to sell us signs and rubber stamps, PALEEZE ! that’s after a guy walked into the store puffing on a cigar and I went balistic at him, next guy used the industrial bug spraying cologne atomizer and stunk to high heaven ! Are we done yet?
Rant over blahblah I feel better now

[welldone.gif]