Wines are:

2000 Vino Bambino Pinot Noir, Carneros, $20
2012 North Coast Syrah, $19
2012 Monte Rosso Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley $39
2012 Lorenzo’s Heritage Wine, Dry Creek Valley, $36
2012 Papera Ranch Heritage Wine, Russian River Valley $36
2012 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine, Russian River Valley, $36
2012 Weill a Way Vineyard Mixed Blacks, Sonoma Valley, $36

Anyone know anything about the PN? Thirteen year old PN for $20 sounds pretty damn tempting.

Huh. He said something in the email about releasing a wine he made when he was 19. The pinot must be the one. Definitely worth taking a flyer.

Must. Not. Order. Too. Much.

Bring it on!

I don’t think I’ve even opened the box from the Fall release.

Thar she blows!

Well I think some mixed blacks and Monte Rosso will be in my future, now what else?

Dear Santa, please pay off my credit card bill, I promise to be good next year. :wink:

What is the mixed blacks? I dont recall that offering before…

Appears to be a new release.

Can’t wait to hear the story on the PN and the mixed blacks…

Ouch goes the Visa.

I have to admit regarding Vino Bambino - I did not see that coming.

I’m certain Morgan is putting it out there because it’s drinking really well, so I can’t wait to try it!

Maybe there’s an itch to get PN back in the lineup?

2011 Bedrock Wine Company Papa’s All Blacks

Never got to try this one…maybe the same?

Two different vineyards, Papa’s vs. Weill a Way.

Thoughts on the $20 pinot?? Kind of stands out on that list for a number of reasons.

I was going to ask the same thing

All we know is that Morgan made it when he was 19…

I am sure we’ll hear more about it when he publishes his notes.

I’m sure Morgan will chime in with more info when he has a few minutes free, but for those not familiar with his bio, this is of interest:

Raised at his father’s Ravenswood Winery, Morgan was exposed to wine and wine tasting at an early age. In David Darlington’s “Angel’s Visits,” it is noted that “Morgan, at the age of five, could distinguish between Merlot and Zinfandel.” Morgan began making small lots of Pinot Noir at 5 from fruit given to him by the Sangiacomo family. Motivated by the best wines of Domaine Dujac, he began experimenting with whole cluster fermentation, different types of French oak, and various ripeness points. Vino Bambino Pinot Noir, as the wine came to be known, was made from 1986 to 2001 and has been featured on the wine lists of Craft, Gramercy Tavern, Blue Hill (which featured the original 1986), Delmonico’s, Aureole, and Mesa Grill.

http://www.bedrockwineco.com/bio/

It’s a wine that frankly I always thought I’ve be very lucky to ever get an opportunity to taste.

“Mixed Blacks” refers to the mix of red grapes typical to almost all historic Zinfandel vineyards, and includes among others, Petite Sirah, Carignane, Alicante Boushet, Valdigue, Mourvedre, etc. Pretty much every true old-vine Zin is a mix of these and more, but is allowed to be called Zin if it’s a large enough percentage of Zin.

I’m not familiar with this new vineyard, but I guess it’s called such because has a lower percentage of zin (although not getting the “Heritage” label - maybe it’s a modern vineyard planted to a historic mixed black mix?). Anyway, I’ve never heard of this vineyard, but it’s not related to Papa’s All Blacks which is a joint project within the Peterson family and made from a mix of familiar old-vine vineyards.