Bedrock Winter Release

I assumed he was kidding about the pinot.

Here is the sales pitch from a newsletter that Virginia retailer J Emerson published back in 2008:

2000 Vino Bambino Pinot Noir Carneros– From a small production of approximately 225 cases distributed to only three states; the 2000 vintage is the current release of this Carneros Pinot Noir. This was a hugely popular wine the last time it was in the store, over two years ago, and this will be the last release as the wine makers have moved on to other projects. The bottle age gives this wine a finesse and character that you cannot find in this price range. We were all impressed with the depth of this wine that has more in common with Burgundy Pinot Noir then California. A wine to buy by the case. $19.95

That would be cruel!

There’s a picture of Morgan at 5 years old on the label:

At what age did the wings fall off?

It really isn’t fair that he releases so many wines that you can’t fit two of each in a case. Something will have to be left out or I will have to go with singles of two of them. Drat!

I’m picking up my fall order tomorrow at the local FedEx shop. This will be my first foray into Bedrock. Assuming I love this stuff like everyone else, should I assume the standard “Bedrock order” is a case? Would love any board advice on which of these to load up on!

If by “case” you mean 18-36 bottles, then yes. [thumbs-up.gif]

Ugh, that’s what I was afraid of. Guess it will be a “Bedrock Christmas” for me - I’ll let the wife know and saddle up!

I’d load up on the 2012s, and that pinot. Seriously though, pickup days are over the next few weeks which means that before this release, several of us will have tasted some of these at the winery. I think you won’t go wrong on 2012.

My 2 cents…
The Monte Rosso is a favorite of mine. Dolinsek and Papera have been very good as well.

The hands down favorite for me is the Monte Rosso. Can not go wrong…load up. The north coast is always good for the price and the dolisek was a pleasant surprise. The 09 dolinsek was billed as an early drinker. I tried the first one a few months after the shipment and was slightly underwhelmed. The second (and last unfortunately) blew me away a year later. In the top three of my favorite BR’s so far. My first lorenzos are still laying sideways as the supposedly need the time, so have no input there.

What if any is the difference in the use of the term heritage and heirloom. Two of these wines, the lorenzo and dolinsek have several years using either term. Just curious.

It switched from heirloom to heritage because another winery took offense to his use of heirloom.

I wish it were that easy! pileon

FIFY!

Thats crazy crazy!

But hardly surprising.

JD

Was there a particular wine or brand of theirs that uses “heirloom” in the name?

I had heard that it was related to Vodka but I have no idea what product. BV also has used the term “heirloom” so maybe that’s it?