TN: 2011 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill - Stunningly good

How is this winery not a WB darling? Amazing Chardonnay, you’d never guess California blind.

Todd, this is a must for berserkerday. I’ll even make the call.

• 2011 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (9/2/2013)
    The Wine Crew (FMIII in the OC): Blind. My contribution to the Chardonnay flight which was WOTN for the flight, go figure! Well, I knew it was a strong bottle based on everything I’ve heard and read about the winery. It’s always nice when the cashier rings up the bottle and says “that’s a great wine”.

Very light straw color, looks like it might be thin. Oh, don’t worry. Intrigued by the slight whiff of toasted almonds. Palate is crisp lemon custard, lemon and orange rind, backed by medium plus acid but its nicely balanced. Very long finish with lemon rind just lingering on the roof of my mouth. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Couldn’t agree with you more, the 2011 Golden Slope is special stuff too. I’ve been through a number of bottles and have more waiting for cooler weather to ship. I learned about them on this board but I don’t think they’re getting as much buzz as they deserve. Great people to deal with. Also looking forward to the 2012 White Hill release.

+1

Not according to Jeb Dunnuck. 88 points and he expects it to reach full maturity by 2013-14.

SHHHHHH can we keep this one off the radar for awhile [snort.gif]

Their Rose is also awesome.

-Al

Why is he reviewing it?

“click”

I had the Rosé in a restaurant in Solvang in May and it was very good. I’ll try a bottle of this.

This showed amazingly well at the blind wine dinner Saturday. An easy buy for sure. Fantastic stuff.

Jeb’s palate seems more like a Parker clone than anything else

I wouldn’t be to worried about his review on this wine

This wine showed really well last night. I was seated next to Andy and we had a similar experience with how the wine showed.

It was very Chablis like. It would be a great pairing with shellfish. Signed up for the mailing list at dinner.
[cheers.gif]

Tried a bottle from this producer (2010 Golden Slope) last year on a overnight stopover in the US and it was so good that I’ve been thinking about it since. I need to find a way to try some more!

The 2012 Liquid Farm White Hill is starting to show up in retail. Has anyone had a chance to try this vintage yet? I loved the 2011, and I’m curious how the 2012 compares.

They can’t always get it right. In this case, he’s wromgo dongo.

Loved it. Buy without remorse.

I tasted all the 2011 LF in my Central Coast Volume 2.4, I like what they represent. Here are my ratings and suggested drink dates.

2011 Chardonnay, White Hill; 93 2013-2016
2011 Chardonnay, Golden Slope; 92 2013-2016
2011 Chardonnay, Four; 90 2013-2016
2011 Rose of Mourvedre; 91 2013-2014

These wines are all stunning

Wait the 12 White hill in retail already [scratch.gif] the pickup party for the 12’s is Nov 2 here! Can’t wait love them.

There are a few members here that my palate seems to align with. Based on them loving the wine last spring I signed up.

Niki is both professional and hilarious to deal with.

Please, in all correspondence with her, she prefers to be called ma’am. As in yes ma’am and no ma’am. She is very southern and formal like that. Calling her Nikki is a sin.

Can’t really comment on the wine but have two cases coming, so I hope my wb buddies were correct, and from the looks of all the post I suspect they are.