your (curent) best value sparklers?

For me, this is largely dependent on what’s on sale locally though… Here are mine…
Mumm CA Brut Black label - currently selling for as low as $14 in my market
Gloria Ferrer Brut & BdB - I can get this for as low as $15
Roederer Mendicino Brut - This has been a better deal but seems to have leveled to $18 in my market. Still a great value but I’d like to pay less.
Cristalino - $6.50 in my market and a great simple bubbly I serve with Jerk chicken
Michel Arnould Brut Reserve - $33 @ K & L as a direct import
Vilmart Brut Reserve- $40 - great also for the money

Right now, I’m really digging the CA sparklers for pure bang for the buck and no need to think twice about popping the cork. The French Champagne market craze has made many farmer fizs overpriced IMO. For French I almost think the best value is from the big house’s spendy elite cuvees like Taittenger’s Comte where the wine truely turns your head.

Sticking with the California theme, my value sparkler has got to be the vintage Domaine Carneros Brut. I believe 2008 is the current vintage, and I think it’s less than $20. I also really enjoy their top cuvee Le Reve, as well, but the entire lineup is pretty consistent and usually a safe bet when ordering sparklers at restaurants when the Champagne list is lacking or overpriced.

Another vote for Gloria Ferrer BdB

I prefer the Roederer Brut ($20) but splurge on the rose ($25) if they have it in stock.

I too really like this wine. Lately, its been around $25 in my market. I wish more restaurants in ther Twin Cities offered this and Roederer Brut on thier wine list. They seem to all have Shrambsburg at an overpriced $60 plus locally.

Sorry to leave California, but for $25, Huët Vouvray Pétillant has to be the best sparkler I’ve had in the sub $50 price range.

L Mawby sparklers tend to take the cake for me. May different styles, all under $30, most under $20.

I also had this and really enjoyed it.

NV Domaine du Viking Vouvray Brut

The Raventos Blanc de Nit, at $18, is the best Cava I’ve ever had and a seriously good sparkler.
For less than half the price, the Segura Viudas rose is killer, imo. Like Cristalino, it’s not high on the complexity meter, but I’m not sure where else you get so much bang for $9 or so.

Clos du Mesnil BdB for my house.

Cava and Loire kick ass on most competition at under $25 and often under $15…

I like Gruet for inexpensive U.S. sparkling wine.

Roederer Brut and Hermitage. Navarro makes a nice vintage sparkler.

Huet’s prices have gone up, but they remain the standard for the Loire. Try Foreau and Chidaine. My personal favorite is Renardat-Fache – a demi-sec rosé from the Bugey. From the Jura, Tissot comes immediately to mind. Then there are lots of pétillant naturels from all over I would take over any of the affordable American versions.

Here here for Foreau bubblies.

For Loire bubbles, don’t overlook Jacky Blot Triple Zero.

Montbourgeau Cremant du Jura is delicious stuff. And +1 to all of the Loire recs as well…

I was very pleasantly surprised by this recently! Only tried the Brut but hopefully the Blanc de noirs and Rose soon.

In general prefer Old World to New Mexico however (or even old Mexico, although I have yet to find a sparkler from there).

Skip the Sparkling Gamay (yeah, I tried some recently)

Check out Magenta. Is true Champ with a long history in the area. Small grower feel. Solid for $30

OK, here are my $20 and under (or around there) values.
Yes, I’ve been making another list [snort.gif]

Only choose wines that are widely available (and of course that I like):

Saint-Hilaire Blanquette de Limoux Brut - Apple peel, pear, bread dough

Scharffenberger Brut - Crisp and clear tasting with Lemon/Lime, and apple,

Naveran Cava Brut - Actually vintage dated with flavors of apples, pears and minerals.

Gruet Brut - minerals, pears, apples, and orange peels.

But I’ll be honest, there sooooo much variety available in bubbles today, especially grower Champagne, I tend to drink extremely broad (like almost a new wine every bottle)

Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut Rosé. 100% Pinot Noir and it shows. Lovely wine. Around $20.