Schrader 2011 release

Anyone else having problems seeing their allocation? Seems like a repeat of last year’s web site problems.

For the 2011 Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon release, we are proud to offer the following:

2011 Schrader - Fantastic Four Pack
The Fantastic Four includes four bottles of exceptional 2011 Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon presented in a signature wood case. (4 x 750ml)

• 2011 Schrader CCS Cabernet
• 2011 Schrader LPV Cabernet
• 2011 Schrader RBS Cabernet
• 2011 Schrader T6 Cabernet

Price: $700 per pack (Limit 1)

2011 Schrader - “Old Sparky”
The Schrader “Old Sparky” Cabernet Sauvignon blend is created from the finest barrel lots of the 2011 vintage. This offer includes one magnum presented in a signature wood case. (1 x 1.5L)

Price: $400 per magnum (Limit 1)

No problems for me. Went through perfectly.

+1, I had no issue last year either.

BTW,

Kelly W wrote;
“Funny story. During the walk-around tasting Fred and Colesworthy Shrader were pouring their 2010 Old Sparky. As this was an almost exclusively European audience, many if not most attendees were not familiar with this small cult producer. You could hear the crickets. The next night I sat with the Shraders for dinner and they brought the 2010 CCS for the table. I mentioned the fact that no one was tasting their wine the previous night. Colesworthy noted that a producer was pouring a wine from India next to them and there was a line of people waiting to taste it. She looked me in the face and said “What the f**k was that?” I about peed my pants laughing. Needless to say everyone went ga-ga over the CCS at dinner. After, Kevin and I talked about how, if that tasting was in the States, there would have been a line out the tasting room door to taste the Old Sparky.”

ALL IN

Looks like I am the only one struggling. Maybe they pulled my allocation? As usual, no response to email or phone calls today.

No problems here either, and once again thanks to the Schraders for not raising prices [cheers.gif]

All in. Pleasantly surprised they didn’t raise prices.

Michael, when I logged in it just took 30 seconds or so for the page to fully load. It looked like there was nothing there but then like I said the image and 3 pack in my case showed up.

Tom

When I login to my account I get the following:

There are currently no products in this current offer.

I’d be willing to bet they’re rolling-out the offer in waves.

Thanks, Tom. My problem is more aligned to what Brian describes. So, perhaps he is right and this is in waves. Based on some correspondence that I had with them last week I was under the impression that I was in this wave. Perhaps not.

Sparky went pretty fast!

no probs here
BIG thanks for no price increase

all in (4pk + sparky)

4 + Sparky for me. I didn’t expect the Las Piedras botling this year but am very excited at this vineyards potential. Unfortunately, its so damn rare that I open one of these that I don’t know when I may have the chance to taste it. This would have been a good year to have 2 of this bottling (like one of last year’s Fantastic 4 pack). C’mon Fred, we need more wine! :slight_smile:

Some folks have reported, on other boards, that Sparky is gone. No problem getting mine today. Must have a tiered list. Guess there is some respect for honoring seniority. do understand the small quantities however, good business plan. large ordering list+small quantities+consistent orders and newbies can easily replace the dropouts. Exact inverse of the Kistler/hostage model of old days. [snort.gif]

4+Sparky (yesterday)

Interesting to note in the release letter: “The extreme weather conditions of the season took particular aim at two vineyard blocks and as such we are not able to offer our Schrader flagship or Schrader GIII Cabernets for this release.”

Next year

Looks like I may finally have the chance to move from the waiting list to the mailing list! Received an email today announcing a limited offering later this month for two-packs containing the 2011 Schrader LPV Cab and the 2011 Schrader RBS Cab. Insanely excited about this!