What is the best wine from the 1970 vintage?

Going to a 1970 tasting this Saturday where over 25 will be poured. This is an annual event and I am looking to take wines from this vintage in the future. What is the best of 1970, is it available and if so, where and how much?

Muscadet? Cote du Rhone or Savigny les Beaune?

Port?

Bdx is very solid in this vintage. Conseillante and Trotanoy are two that stand out to me. Latour is reputed to be wonderful.

Cali. BV GDL was really good. It may not be any more. Heitz Martha. I remember a few other random stuff like Inglenook doing well too.

Rioja. Bosconia is solid from this vintage and still young. CVNE and a few others.

A.

Latour was indeed glorious. We had several dozen cases of that when I worked at Antoine’s in NOLA and started selling them about 1985 or so to great feedback.

From my tasting experience.

Leoville Las Cases 1970
Cune Imperial Reserva 1970
Taylor Fladgate 1970

• 1 on Taylor Fladgate!

A Fonseca VP I had was memorable.

Plenty of excellent options from '70 out there, but Vega Sicilia takes the cake.

+1

Port! You can get a mindblowing bottle for $90-150 Taylor or Graham’s are killer from that year.

Red: Latour - no question
Port: Taylor/Fonseca - tie, Graham - runner up

Latour
Petrus
Trotanoy
Taylor
Fonseca
G Conterno Barolo

All outstanding

Latour, Palmer, Unico

Don’t think I’ve had any other '70 come close - even Latour - but it has become incredibly expensive…

I have had great luck with 1970 Haut Brion. I’ve probably opened 10-12 bottles from a number of sources and they have all been between good and excellent - showing very nice Haut Brion/Graves character even if it isn’t a “great” Haut Brion. At least when I used to buy them they weren’t all that expensive - somewhere in the $130-150 range over the years but not sure where they are selling now.

Palmer

Tritto on the Vega.

Monfortino

Yeah VP easily for mine.

Love the '70 Grahams…

Warre’s is super and may be a bit less expensive.