Domaine de la Romanée-Conti 2009

First only the pictures.
tasting notes in english is difficult for me. blush
tomorrow ,i try.
opened noon,tasted 5-6 hours later
2009 is really,really good for the reds.
2008 Montrachet was many better than 2009,for me.
2009 Grand Echezeaux is really classic.
2009 Echezeaux many better than 2004,2005,2006,2007 ,2008 ,for me.
2009 RSVT is so feminine,elegant.
2009 La Tâche is really great.
2009 RC is RC,is not loud,but is RC.
2009 Corton is really especially,but is good in the DRC-line integrated.
2009 RB is also great,spicy,wildberries…
In detail i try tommorow.
2009 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti

Corton the darkest;

Romanée St.Vivant

La Tâche

Corton

Richebourg

Echezeaux

Grands Echezeaux

Romanée-Conti

La Tâche Water stain?

Le Montrachet

I would like to go to one of these tastings one day. I think your English is fine. Thanks for posting your impressions.

…now if I could taste the pictures, all would be good.

bring the RC to my house in a few weeks. I’ll bring the echezeaux. LOL!

Thanks for the impressions, will be interesting to see some more information on the wines if you do put some up.

We are doing these as well (not the Montrachet though which we had last month, it is pretty good indeed) in two weeks, so thanks again and I am looking forward to being able to compare these myself.

Thanks for the friendly words.
tommorow,i try with the dictionary,so good i can,and translate my notes from the wines. blush
today i can only say the reds are really great,not so classic as 2005,but all perfect unified? in their style.

Yummy Roman! Thanks for posting…

sounds very positive for 2009 at DRC

did you try the 1er cru DB?
which bottle would you open today?

VR DB is never in this tastings.“Only” all grand crus.
I think,Romanée St.Vivant opened 6 hours before.

Nice Roman - I was sorry to miss it…

Bill,
i can understand this.
Summer-report?(only a Joke smilie)
Was really great,but you can translate my notes(again a Joke smilie)

Can’t wait to read more detailed thoughts on the RSV!

So here my try in english. blush
i am only a amateur.
but here my notes;
The wines weren’t decanted, but opend about five houres in advance. I started the tasting at five til half past six.

Corton and Romanée St. Vivant were quite amenable. The others needed some time. All of them are silky and toasted. They are complexe and do have a long aftertaste. All are cohere and balanced.

Echezeaux
Vanilla in the beginning and toasted. A subtle spice. Roses, cherries. Balanced acidity, silkiness in the mouth, long aftertaste. An elegante wine.

Grand Echezeaux
For me, the classic this evening. Blackberries, currants, biscuits, plums, violets, toasted, spiced. A well-balanced acidity. Realy complex and long aftertaste. The classic elegante.

Corton
He was the darkest und was there from the beginning. Plumbs and cherries. Biscuits, molasses (malt), slightly toasted sugar. Full-body and astonishing soft. Spiced, with a long aftertaste. Very present - he shows where he is coming from and is individual althoug. During the 1.5 hours (and the room temperature) he became lightly wider. Long aftertaste.

Romanée St. Vivant
Vanilla, forest fruits, cherries, flowery and still spicy. Fine acidity, subtle and a pleasant finesse. Extremely silky mouth feel and long clear aftertaste. After 45 minutes in the glass he became beautyfull. A feminine wine.

Richbourg
Currants, toasted, mocha and spiced. A soft sweetness. Full-body and balanced. Good spiciness an silky long aftertaste.

La Tâche
Black currant, toasted, forest fruits and slightly ethereal, coffee. His spiciness contains pepper. He does have a fresh acidity but is masculine still. Slightly earthy. He is in self-contained, balanced. Full-body, complex. Extream long aftertaste.

Romanée-Conti
Cherries, forest fruits, red currants, violets. Spicy, cloves. Earthy, masculine and self-assured. He does have a tremendous potential and is inherently consistent. Cleare and silky. Fine acidity and extream long and spiced aftertaste.

Montrachet
He needs time to pick up the pace. Strongly toasted, white tea, white peach, mangos. Potent but hardly variable. He does have a good acidity and a long aftertaste. But compared to the previous year he is hard to judge. He was introverted and dominated by toasted aromas.

Great notes, thanks for sharing!

Roman, between RSV and Riche, which do you rate higher?

for me yesterday RSVT.For me sure 95-96. With more time for the RB maybe draw.But RB is more masculine,serious.

You did a great job with your notes. I haven’t had the '09’s, but from a few similar experiences I have had with other vintages, I think you expressed the differences between the wines well.

Roman lovely notes, thanks, I think you nailed the wines.

No surprises that the GE shows so well yet again…

thanks,
feelings and heart is too difficulty in english.
Can only say ,the wines gives a big smile.
And you can smell the wines 2 hours later.
Had the same experience only with 2005.
And Montrachet 2008.
I hope 2010 gives next year also a big smile,but sounds so.

Thanks for all the info! I’m hoping the Riche catches up to the RSV in time.